PDA

View Full Version : My ultimate 245 sps reef build

N_prise
11/25/2011, 07:34 PM
I finally just returned to the hobby after being out for about 2 years...I Recently just setup my 130 gallon show ,a great tank I had Great Lakes Aquariums build awhile back:

My Glass Box...

After about 3 weeks of it being up and running,I figured Why not setup my dream tank if im really going to get back into the hobby! So After helping a friend (1carpenter) setup his 220 I figure its on!

So as follows I had Great Lakes Aquariums Build me a tank! I went there Early today and put down a deposit to have them build me a 245 gal Euro braced. The Dimensions are 6' Long * 30'' wide* 26'' deep! This will be my last tank ever so i had them do all three sides Straphire glass, Or there version which is ultra clear. The edges will be beveled and they will be using black silicone! This is my dream build.

I plan to use 2 3000 GPH glass holes overflow kits, The return pump will be ( JimCs) old Reeflo Barracuda pump he used on his amazing system, Thanks Jim!

There will be a Sump with fuge and frag area, along with and ato, located in fish room in my basement.

A 130 gallon show is a nice size setup, But this will be my first system over 200 gal and closer to 300, so any input or ideas is much appreciated! I will be begining progress this weekend on stand and fish room, Ill be posting a ton of pics along the way so, its ON!!!!!!