PDA

View Full Version : white spot on tail ?

edgero
11/26/2011, 04:34 PM
Hi,

I need quick advice, today I spoted on Serranus Tortugarum two white spots on tail, nothing else. I am affraid that it can be marine ich. I cant see any spots on other fishes. Do you have idea if its really ich or it can be just some infection ? I dont know what to do ... see photo.

thanks

andyrm66
11/26/2011, 04:59 PM
Hard to tell, Ich or velvet, but Id say ich. Could pull all your fish and treat or leave and see how they do. Treatment is always better when they are in good health as opposed to a complete infection.

b0bab0ey
11/26/2011, 05:09 PM
Could just be Lympho, which usually goes away on it's own.

If it stays on the tail and grows, it's probably just Lympho. If it spreads onto the body and stays small (sprinkles) it's likely Ich.

edgero
11/27/2011, 08:10 AM
I hope it wont be ich, nothig changes from yesterday. I checked lot of pics on web and Find out that almost every serranus tortugarum has strange spots on tail ...

dunc101
11/27/2011, 08:46 AM
I would monitor it over the next week or so. You may want to use some garlic in your food that you are feeding your fish if you aren't already. If it is ich, you will see white spots all over the body in a week or so. The white spots, currently, may go away before you notice the spots on its body as it falls off the fish and multiplies in the sandbed. You will need to place ALL your fish in a QT and use copper or hyposalinity if it does turn out to be ich and leave the main display fallow for 8 weeks.
I have had to do this before... so I know of what a pain this is. Hopefully it is just lympho, as suggested above, which will heal on its own.

MrTuskfish
11/27/2011, 09:43 AM
I'm usually not that good with pics; but the spot is perfectly circular, the right size, raised, and seems smooth. I suspect this is ich. You need a HT/QT, even if this turns out to be something else----its a vital piece of equipment, not just something that might be nice to have.