PDA

View Full Version : Clown fairy wrasse/ 6 line wrasse

Reefnut2010
11/28/2011, 09:38 PM
So I went & purchased a Clown Fairy Wrasse and my six line which is half her size is constantly beating it up !! Will the Fairy fight back or not ? If she won't I'll probably boot the six line out & keep the Cown Fairy. Any thoughts?

btkrausen
11/28/2011, 09:59 PM
You need to get that 6 line out of there if you want to keep the Clown Fairy. Six Line wrasses don't play well with fairy or flasher wrasses.

Reefnut2010
11/29/2011, 02:09 AM
Do clown fairy wrasses eat flatworms like the six line?

snorvich
11/29/2011, 07:07 AM
You need to get that 6 line out of there if you want to keep the Clown Fairy. Six Line wrasses don't play well with fairy or flasher wrasses.

This.

snorvich
11/29/2011, 07:07 AM
Do clown fairy wrasses eat flatworms like the six line?

No.

btkrausen
11/29/2011, 10:18 AM
You will have issues with the Six Line with other fish too, not just the wrasses. They are an aggressive fish all around from my experience. You can, however, get other peaceful wrasses that will eat flatworms. I've heard the Coris wrasses will eat them as well as is peaceful.

stevereef
11/29/2011, 04:22 PM
I learn this the hard way. I had a 6-line wrasse in my display tank and then added the Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse. The 6-line was very aggressive towards the Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse. I was fortunate to trap the 6-line and throw him in my sump until I can figure out what other fish I want to add. But it was too late, the Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse died on me. I might try to add another Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse, now that the 6-line is in the sump.