PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have JBJ 48" trinity 216w fixture?

beav76
11/28/2011, 11:43 PM
And if so, how does it rate copared to the others in the class? Or is it worth t?

Thanks

osu_bcky1
12/01/2011, 02:27 PM
I just got the JBJ Trinity 24" 4 Bulb about 2 weeks ago. I'm new to the hobby so keep in mind I dont have much to compare to. However, after 2 weeks I couldnt be happier! The light seems very bright and I wouldn't have any worries about keeping Polyps and LPS, and maybe some SPS towards the top. I dropped in my first coral a week ago (Green Star Polyp) at the bottom of a 24" deep tank and have already have seen growth as well as a more flourecent green color. Also, on one of my LRs are what I suspect are red sponges with flourecent orange tips or some type of coral sprouting out of seemingly nothing! The only drawbacks I have is the fan noise and the moonlights. I've gotten used to the fan noise but it was louder than I expected when i first plugged it in. Also, the moonlights seem a bit bright. Usually when its lights out time, my chromis' head straight for the rocks to sleep. With the moonlights on they are up waaayyyy past their bedtime, but I gotta say that the moonlights put off a great shimmer effect when on. Until otherwise proven I think the lights are worth a shot!

Tim98277
12/01/2011, 02:38 PM
This is the one you speak of on my 70 which is 24" tall, I just tossed it on a couple weeks ago.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cdouikpDSOQ/TrnUkt4LBuI/AAAAAAAACxg/iAc3FVlU0wE/s800/IMG_20111108_171651.jpg