PDA

View Full Version : no water

garyw68
11/29/2011, 09:05 AM
Jim - I need your help! I have a ocean reef +1 which I have had for about 6 months or so. Its been working great up until three or four weeks ago. the problem is...no water is coming out of the DI line. Well...it comes out...but very slow....(drip....drip...drip). I can tell you this much. When the system is off...I can hear water flowing out of the waste line from the membrane into the main sink drain. When I turn the system on.... a very sloooow drip from the DI and I can still hear the water draining from the membrane into the sink drain. I have replaced the main three filters about four weeks ago and the membrane today with no luck. Please help...im at a loss.

Thanks

Gary

Thefilterguys
11/30/2011, 01:48 PM
What fitting did you use to connect to a water supply? What pressure reading do you see on your pressure gauge? How dirty do your filters look?

Your membrane replacement was most likely needless don't let the old one dry out put it in a baggy in the fridg. It sounds like a bad water connection or filter clog, give me some feed back on my questions.

Jim

garyw68
11/30/2011, 03:16 PM
I used the self piercing valve that come with the system to connect to the main water supply... I hope that is what you are asking. the pressure gauge was leaking shortly after I installed the system...so I took it off. I can put it back on and let you know the pressure tomorrow. The filters look dirty. I did replace them about a month ago when this problem first started...but it did not correct it. I have been replacing them every three months...when the first stage filter looks almost black. I use the system at work and the water here is terrible. I can send of pics of the setup if you want...just let me know.

thanks Jim

Gary

Thefilterguys
11/30/2011, 11:21 PM
Sounds like dirty water clogging the filters and when its bad that can happen in a day or two, not what you like to hear I know. Let me know the pressure reading and where the gauge was leaking from?

Jim

garyw68
02/08/2012, 11:04 AM
Jim.... I know its been awhile since I posted last. but anyway... the pressure on the gauge is 10 psi. any ideas?... perhaps the auto shut off valve needs to be replaced. since this system is also hooked up to a storage tank for drinkig water...I have the main on/off valve after the membrane and before the DI stage so the RO is always on.

Thank you

Thefilterguys
02/08/2012, 03:26 PM
With your weather conditions and the fact I see chloramine in your water report your issue is still clogged filters. If your filters are showing dirty signs the best you can do is keep changing filters. Running the system on low pressure is contributing to the problems and your system will never quit running waste water because the pressure is to low to activate the auto shutoff valve you need to see 50 psi or higher.

I would abandon the drinking water for now get the system up to speed on filters and only make aquarium water as needed. I would shut the system down between water making sessions. Running the system on low pressure can also damage the membrane.

Jim

garyw68
02/09/2012, 10:44 AM
it worked. I changed all the filters, including the DI, and took out the drinking water. The pressure gauge reads 45psi and I have a solid normal stream of DI water.

Thanks for your help Jim

Thefilterguys
02/09/2012, 02:17 PM
Ok your pressure is on the low side but OK @45 psi. The water tank or a float valve will not operate properly with the pressure below 50 psi so you'll have to be a manual water maker. Turn the water on to make water and turn it off when your done that is the only way to operate so you will only produce waste water while making water. If the pressuere starts to drop away again it means dirty filters and time to change.

Jim