PDA

View Full Version : Slowly Getting Back Into The Hobby

av8rtrb
11/29/2011, 06:23 PM
After being out of the hobby for ~20 years I'm starting to get back in. I have a 15g setup (FOWLR for now) with 20 lbs of LR, 20 lbs of LS. For fish I have a small Cherub Angel & Yellow Watchman Goby (used to be 2 maroon clowns that I had hoped to pair - silly me). Took the clowns back to LFS and brought home the newer, peaceful guys.

Got sucked in to a Black Friday sale from Cad Lights for a 50g cube Artisan system. What I'm trying to decide is whether I should transfer what I have into the new tank when it arrives (and add more LR) or keep the 15g and start the 50g new and have both. I'm tending toward the latter so I can have one as FOWLR and on with corals. Dunno for sure.

Misled
11/29/2011, 06:33 PM
Do both. Keep them somewhat close so water changes aren't a pain and everythings close no matter what you're doing to either tank.

At least that's what I did!!! :lol:

av8rtrb
11/29/2011, 07:19 PM
I totally agree about keeping them close. I had thought about maybe keeping the small one in a bedroom or something like that, but like you say, I'd have to carry water all over the house every weekend. Plus feeding time would be a pain, and testing, and so on. Good advice, thanks!