PDA

View Full Version : This video is amazing! So many leuc's!

Winwood
11/29/2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoSWr5Lg04&feature=related

I have only seen video's of single leucokranos living among other species. This colony has several of them all living together!

Reefvette
11/29/2011, 07:43 PM
Yellow tail blue stripes, some kind of skunk, and one even looks like tomatoe

Chelle's Ocean
11/29/2011, 08:47 PM
Very cool :) Nice to see them all together like that :)

m12x13adass
11/30/2011, 12:02 AM
Very Cool Video. Thanks for posting it.

deangelr
11/30/2011, 11:28 AM
Cool video.. how did you find it?

Looks like there are multiple anemones there, not just one as the title implies..

Winwood
11/30/2011, 01:58 PM
Cool video.. how did you find it?

Looks like there are multiple anemones there, not just one as the title implies..

Just stumbled onto it watching a friend's clown video. It looks to be a small colony of H. crispas.

loglew
11/30/2011, 04:20 PM
The flow is very impressive.... something to think about for the tank.

phender
11/30/2011, 07:21 PM
Yellow tail blue stripes, some kind of skunk, and one even looks like tomatoe

Looks to me like clarki (don't look like chysopterus to me), pink skunk, orange skunk (in the front), leucs and a tomato in the back (maybe in its own anemone). So I think he sold himself one species short. :)

I've never seen any pics of that many leucs together either.

I wonder if there is an anemone occupied by clarkis nearby. The two little clarkis look like they may be satellite juvis from a nearby anemone, since they are not really being accepted into the leuc anemone.

Great video! Thanks

Winwood
11/30/2011, 09:48 PM
Looks to me like clarki (don't look like chysopterus to me), pink skunk, orange skunk (in the front), leucs and a tomato in the back (maybe in its own anemone). So I think he sold himself one species short. :)

I've never seen any pics of that many leucs together either.

I wonder if there is an anemone occupied by clarkis nearby. The two little clarkis look like they may be satellite juvis from a nearby anemone, since they are not really being accepted into the leuc anemone.

Great video! Thanks

Glad you appreciated it.

poorguy
12/01/2011, 02:17 PM
Wow!!!

Winwood
12/01/2011, 03:25 PM
The flow is very impressive.... something to think about for the tank.

If you could invent some device that would imitate that slow rolling, back and forth, wave motion in an aquarium, you'd be a millionaire!

Reefvette
12/01/2011, 05:54 PM
My MP10 does that in my tank for my mags.

A TUnze wavebox can do this too.

Winwood
12/02/2011, 08:34 AM
My MP10 does that in my tank for my mags.

A TUnze wavebox can do this too.

Yeah I realize it can be done but at a much higher frequency than what we see in the ocean but to get that slow transition back and forth is really difficult to replicate with our captive small bodies of water. I have yet to see any such device that comes close to generating a truly accurate depiction of what you see in that video or just about any wild videos for that matter.

BonsaiNut
12/03/2011, 07:49 AM
I have yet to see any such device that comes close to generating a truly accurate depiction of what you see in that video or just about any wild videos for that matter.

Surge tank will do it.

elegance coral
12/03/2011, 09:41 AM
Cool video. I wish it was a little longer though. I've watched it more than a dozen times.LOL I've never seen a colony of crispa like that, which leads me to believe they're actually magnifica. Kinda strange positioning for magnifica though.

Winwood
12/04/2011, 07:27 PM
Surge tank will do it.
Agreed, just usually noisy and not usually very convenient for the home aquarium.