PDA

View Full Version : Diy ato?

joemelo
11/30/2011, 11:27 PM
ALSO POSTED IN DIY FORUM

Does anyone out there have as close to a DIY ATO as you can get?
basically what I was thinking was to get a rubbermaid and use it as a reservoir. I can't really do a direct line to the tank from a pipe. So have the reservoir higher than the sump, and use an autolifter pump so siphon from the rubbermaid to the sump. I have a float valve kicking it around. But how do I fasten the float valve to the inside of the sump? Magnets don't seem to reliable but would that work?

BRS used to offer a frame that went on the edge of the tank that had a float. no clue what happened to that though....

I don't feel like spending a few hundred on a ATO. I know someone out there has something like this...

tkeracer619
11/30/2011, 11:37 PM
Check out autotopoff.com

They have all the parts you need.

I use their dual float switches with low voltage option.

These control a peristaltic pump.

The pump pulls from a 5g water jug.

My RO/DI fills the jug daily and has an asov along with a float valve on the jug.

The RO/DI has two solenoids controlled by my controller. I timed how long it takes to fill the jug and the controller turns the RO daily and auto flushes the membrane each time. One controls water to the unit and the other bypasses the water restrictor.

0TDS on startup every time. DI is lasting much longer now.

joemelo
11/30/2011, 11:49 PM
i'll check that out.

basically what i was thinking was to fill a 50g rubbermaid up manually, and use an autolifter pump that would be plugged in all the time. basically i would just need something to hold the float in place..