PDA

View Full Version : Porcupine Puffer with Cloudy Eyes :(

kcload7
12/01/2011, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone,

I've had a bad week in my fish tank. First of all everyone reading this new to the marine world like myself, please learn from my mistake. When I started my tank, I read tons of posts on this site and others, and a few books as well. After six months I have unfortunately learned the hard way that you must make sure you are checking ALL of your perameters that are necassary to make sure your fish are living healthy happy lives. Some how in all my research I had overlooked checking Carbonate Hardness. This week I lost my Lawnmower Blenny, Foxface Rabbitfish, and Potters Angel Fish. My wife and I are very attached to our fish and took it pretty bad. The part that makes me the most upset....it was all avoidable. So with that being said, I have one lone surviver that I am trying to nurse back to health but need some help.

My Porcupine Puffer(aka Willie) has held strong. I have brought my alkalinity back up to 10-12 degrees. I also did a water change that was due anyways. All of my parameters are right where they need to be. However my puffer has developed cloudy white eyes since yesterday. He had been doing extremely well up until this point given the circumstances. i fed him today and he ate as always but with some help. He's hanging out in one area(I'm guessing sense he can't see well) but if I put the food close enough he ate. I've done some research on this site as well as google looking up possile solutions. I cant post a picture at this time, my camera is at my cousins. As soon as I can I'll post one to help out. I've tried reading multiple threads but just find myself some what confused.

I'm trying my hardest to save my lone survivor, he is our favorite guy in the tank and has been our longest member of our aquarium. Thanks for your help and such a wonderful forum.

wlyon
12/01/2011, 02:03 PM
Puffers are notorious for getting eye cloud, which is a bacterial infection.

This thread should help you out on treating him, and if he is eating he still has a chance so good luck man!!!!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1994597