PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating setup of osmolator

mitsurs01
12/06/2011, 10:39 PM
I have tried to set this up for two days now with no avail. It will be fine and then both the green and yellow lights come on till it sounds the alarm. Tried to clean the eye, I have repositioned them everywhere. I checked my manufacting date and bent the part up inside the controller and still overflows.

rvitko
12/07/2011, 09:43 AM
The transformer short should be impossible assuming this is a unit you bought new, that issue was very specific to late last year, early this year. I need some more info to diagnose this. Any photos of the installation would be a big help.

1) Do you have a sump or is it installed in tank?
2) What is the volume of the tank?
3) Where is the reservoir in relation to where the hose is routed (beside, below)?
4) Is the optic sensor near any potential source of bubbles, the sensor only detects air vs water and cannot discern bubbles from being dry.

mitsurs01
12/07/2011, 10:05 AM
I did buy it new. The manufacturer date was 02/2011 so I went ahead and did the transformer thing just to eliminate that off the list of remedies. I do have a sump with 3 chambers and the float and eye are installed in the return section which is the last section. The main display is 125 gal and sump is 29 gal. There are no big magnets near the control. The resevoir is a 5 gal bucket next to but below the water level in the sump and FOR SURE is not a siphon issue. There is a bubble baffle into the return section. There are minor micro bubbles but nothing I would think would cause issue. I did put the sensor in warm soapy water and clened it off good too. I just dont know what causes it. I tried to watch it and it functioned perfectly for an hour. As soon as I left the room, sure enough it started acting up. The Yellow and Green light were on at the same time though. I finally last night just decided to put the sensor and float on the same magnet and move the jumper for the alarm. At least now the pump only comes on till the float raises so it works, just not the way it was intended.

rvitko
12/07/2011, 10:13 AM
I have a meeting to make in the next 10 minutes so I have to run, but we will solve this by swapping your controller. I will write you a PM by days end.

mitsurs01
12/07/2011, 03:20 PM
Greatly appreciate the help. Makes the purchase more than worth it to know how you stand behind your product.

Thanks,
Brett