PDA

View Full Version : 2011 LED Comparison - MACNA

chatyak
12/08/2011, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know if Sanjay has written the article about the lighting comparisons with LEDs (based off of his MACNA presentation)? I thought he was supposed to do a write up on it, but haven't seen it yet...

He rated Orphek as the most PAR per watt, most PAR over a 24" x 24" area, and second in peak PAR . Ecoray had the best peak PAR , but it fell off quickly outside of the centre of the fixture. AI Sol was ranked at the bottom of the Fixtures he tested (Mazara, Orphek, Radion, Ecoray, AI Sol) with respect to peak PAR, average PAR, and PAR per watt.

Thanks! :bounce2:

Blondebell
12/08/2011, 01:42 PM
oh i would like to see this. tax return is going to an led setup just cant decide which yet ;)

gcarroll
12/08/2011, 02:16 PM
I talked to Sanjay a week or two ago and he stated that he was finishing up on it. He also indicated that he performed spectragraphs on each of the fixtures as well. I do not however, recall any mention of the Orphek being so highly regarded. Especially regarding the PAR/watt. I'm sure the article will be coming soon.

gcarroll
12/08/2011, 04:44 PM
From the way I understand it, the issue that comes up over and over is spectrum. The quantity of light is there but the quality is the problem.

chatyak
12/08/2011, 04:47 PM
I talked to Sanjay a week or two ago and he stated that he was finishing up on it. He also indicated that he performed spectragraphs on each of the fixtures as well. I do not however, recall any mention of the Orphek being so highly regarded. Especially regarding the PAR/watt. I'm sure the article will be coming soon.

Tis' just what I have heard ;) Will it be coming out shortly then? Looking forward to the write up. :fish1:

chatyak
12/17/2011, 10:43 PM
Has the article been written yet or posted? I don't know where to go in order to see if it has been completed.

mwminer
12/19/2011, 05:34 AM
I would be really interested in seeing this article. I am currently in the process of putting together a 450 gal set up (96 x 36 x 30), I currently use Maxspect G2's on my 165 and they seem to do really well. I found a deal on 5 Maxspect Mazzara modules (guy bought them and then didn't use them) but I cannot really find out how many of these I will need. Everyone has their own opinions and I cannot find a good way to figure it out.