PDA

View Full Version : Radion Natural Mode released

tandldel
12/09/2011, 04:05 PM
Im curious if anyone is going to try this. I like my custom program in artificial mode but would like to hear about anyone who uses this Natural Mode. It seems to only allow the user to set brightness by % and frequency for storm and clouds as well as start and day end. I tried to click on points to see if I could adjust set points or see the setting along the curve but got nothing. I'm curious as to how sunrise/set look and how the spectrum looks along the curve. I'm hoping down the road they release a lunar cycle we could incorporate in our night modes but still keep our own custom settings otherwise. Looking forward to hearing feedback on this.

RubberFrog
12/09/2011, 04:21 PM
I suppose if you adjusted the spectrum, then it really wouldn't be "Natural Mode" anymore.

I will be interested in hearing your feedback on the sunrise/sunset, as well as your over all impression of the spectrum.

chercm
12/09/2011, 04:57 PM
i love the natural mode with the wireless firmware update for the second unit

Bobbofin
12/09/2011, 10:06 PM
I loaded the new software. It updated the firmware in the unit. I set it to 55% natural mode with 30% chance of clouds and thunder storms. I like the nice curve but don't know if I like the color. I'll wait until the light comes on tomorrow and decide. I really like 18k on this light. I find 10 and 12k to washed out and white.

ange062
12/10/2011, 12:34 AM
Previews of both natural mode vs my profile:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19610786&postcount=433

tandldel
12/10/2011, 09:44 AM
Ange thanks for the videos. After watching them it looks like the natural mode has a lot more greenish coloring at sunrise sunset. I prefer the orange red look of the custom settings myself. How did you find the daytime colors it was hard to tell on a short clip. The daytime looked very close but did you find the natural mode to be more 12k or 20k or just a nice blend? Looking forward to hearing your opinion. Tank is looking good.

ange062
12/10/2011, 05:22 PM
Ange thanks for the videos. After watching them it looks like the natural mode has a lot more greenish coloring at sunrise sunset. I prefer the orange red look of the custom settings myself. How did you find the daytime colors it was hard to tell on a short clip. The daytime looked very close but did you find the natural mode to be more 12k or 20k or just a nice blend? Looking forward to hearing your opinion. Tank is looking good.

Yeah, the green caught me off guard when I saw it also, not a big fan of it. The daytime color is adjustable by programming the "depth" but I havent played with that much. Deeper = bluer.

tandldel
03/08/2012, 08:30 AM
Old thread but thought I'd follow up to see some feedback from users of the natural mode. A new release just came out still no lunar settings. I use artificial mode and after watching the demo of natural today even after e new update I still feel its to green at sunrise/sunset for me. Hope that if a lunar schedule gets set up that it could be put into the artificial mode as well. Any thoughts from radion owners?

jfingers8
03/08/2012, 09:14 AM
I agree with still to much green on the sunrise/sunset. I can't figure out why they use so much green. Doesn't make any sense. It isn't as bad as before but still way to much.

tandldel
03/08/2012, 02:42 PM
I agree with still to much green on the sunrise/sunset. I can't figure out why they use so much green. Doesn't make any sense. It isn't as bad as before but still way to much.

I just checked it out again since I was in a hurry earlier but agree 100%.

Anyone got a good set up for a lunar cycle?