PDA

View Full Version : Lunar eclipse, anyone?

twiggyb
12/10/2011, 01:19 AM
Anybody gonna snap a pic of that this early morning? I'm going to try, but my lens doesn't reach as close as I'd like :D.

robojet
12/10/2011, 07:24 AM
Not even attempting a photo... but got up at 4:45 to watch the show... :)

Misled
12/10/2011, 08:52 AM
Too early for me on a saturday mornn!!!! :lol:

Reef Bass
12/10/2011, 09:24 AM
I was outside with my tripod and remote shutter release. Got a couple very mediocre shots that I haven't post processed yet. Unfortunately, the moon was already dropping down below the treeline, and getting closer to all the light pollution. After my batteries recharge I'll see if anything came out worth sharing. I also suffer from lens-too-short syndrome.

Speaking of light pollution, while I was in Montana over turkey days, I couldn't believe the clarity of the night sky and how many bazillion more stars were visible. Really beautiful. Maybe next time I'll try some night sky shots when I'm there.

twiggyb
12/10/2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah I fell asleep lol. I went out and tried to test my moon shooting ability and it turned out to be harder than I thought :lol: Woke up around 6:40ish and ran outside to see, but it was behind some trees and the sun was rising already. Oh well. I remember when I was little, and in Idaho at the time, I saw a nice lunar eclipse. Very cool looking red.