PDA

View Full Version : Only in America 3

aquatictec
12/14/2011, 07:51 AM
When will it stop?

Around 5:30 pm Tuesday December 13, I received a phone call asking me to attend a C-Sea board meeting at the Beachwood Olive Garden at 830pm that evening to discuss my commercial membership. I told the caller that I had to work that evening and would not be able to make it .
Shortly afterwards I received the following message:

CleveYank
View Profile View Forum Posts View Blog Entries
President
------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Greg Smith
The club's lawyer suggested we have a meeting with you and send you certified notice.
I will assume we are to carry onward with the latter.
Mike Jaszkewicz

My un answered reply:
Recipient Users: CleveYank,.12-13-2011 06:51 PM GregSmith
New Arrival
---------------------------------------------------------------
A meeting about what? Who is the we in have a meeting?

I sent a followup letter to all board members listed on the C-Sea website:
Recipient Users: CleveYank,Nanafish,Renton777,tbohinc,TrippyFish,.
12-13-2011 07:39 PM GregSmith
New Arrival
----------------------------------------------------------
1.What is this?
The club's lawyer suggested we have a meeting with you and send you certified notice.
I will assume we are to carry onward with the latter.
Mike Jaszkewicz
2. I can not find any info on the Christmas party on the C-Sea website. Is it a private party to which I am not invited?
3. I keep hearing people refer to the business section of the club website. I do not appear to have access to it. (I can’t see it anywhere on the website when I log in) Does it exist? If so why do I not have access to it?

My mesaage went unanswered and when I logged on to the C-Sea.org website on December 14th and tried to send a message and received the following:
vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

aquatictec
12/14/2011, 07:53 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess I am allowed to post now but any posts on the c-sea.org forum defending myself are deleted shortly after I post them,
This is a reply I posted on the c-sea.org forum this morning. It was deleted shortly after that and I received an email from moderator 1 (this is not mike) which follows immediately afterwards.

The current president C-Sea, Mike wrote on their .org forum:
"But, from an episode during the early part of last year Greg posted a group buy of his own as or to sound and
look like one of the club's official C-Sea group buy program posts. Moderation sent Greg a friendly message that
the post was edited to maintain the exact message and content short of looking and appearing exactly like the
club's official group buy.
Greg's reaction? He scolded us and said we had no right to edit his post without his permission. And he went
further to threaten to sue C-Sea and to sue yours truely because he knew that I was the head of the moderation
crew. He then told us to completely remove the post entirely. The exact language and transcription of the gory
details are still in last year's BOD forum."
I wrote:
“May I defend myself without getting edited?
The moderator was Mike. I asked if we could offer a group buy to the club and was told NO. I asked why and was told the club had an exclusive deal with another vendor. I dealt with several people via email. I believe they were all Mike under different aliases. I told them that it wasn't in the best interest of the club to refuse other offers. I was told I could post an offer on our now removed sponsor forum. I did and called it a C-SEA group buy and wasthen informed that it was not sanctioned by C-SEA and I could not use their name. I told them that it was for C-SEA members and they told me not to use the C-SEA name. I was told the board of directors stood behind
him. Mike called me and we did not get anywhere with the issue. Mike was not president at the time so I talked to other club officers and had a officially sanctioned C-SEA group buy.
I did not threaten C-SEA or yours truly (Mike)
Greg Smith”

After it was deleted I received this email from moderator1:

“Please know that at this time this is a WARNING to you. All posts of this nature are not be alllowed to be posted in the forum by commercial members;
Per commercial membership constitutional by-law- passed by 100 % majority vote at the September 20, 2011 meeting at the CMZ, " Commercial members MAY NOT vote on club issues and since commercial members cannot vote on club issues: This post leans towards conflict of interest on this policy." A posting of this Per commercial membership constitutional by-law- passed by 100 % majority vote at the September 20, 2011 meeting at the CMZ, " Commercial members MAY NOT vote on club issPlease ues and since commercial members cannot vote on club issues: This post leans towards conflict of interest on this policy."
This is not Mike”

aquatictec
12/14/2011, 07:54 AM
May I again defend myself?

Mike Jaszkewicz, the current president of C-SEA posted:

"Needless to say he never apologized for the threats. But never filed any lawsuits known or otherwise.
There was a prior issue where at the Christmas Party Greg setup a display with 3 chemicals reactors. 2 Empty
and one full of GFO that was to be raffled off. Once again, there was a catch. He never asked anyone of the
board if he could setup a reactor display. And he showed the reactor that was being raffled off as the one filled
with $250+ of GFO yet when the winner went up to get it he grabs it back from the guy and says "oh you don't
get that one" "

It is true that the guy who won the coupon came over and took a demo reactor full of GFO and I told him he needed to pick one up at the store.
I didn't threaten the club. I wish the club the best of luck. I don't need to apologize for what I didn't say.
I asked for and received permission to set up the display. The display was set up with DEMOS that weren’t even finished yet. It had a calcium reactor full of calcium reactor media, a sulfur reactor full of sulfur media, an XL empty reactor, and a reactor filled with GFO.
The club raffled off a COUPON
that read:
This coupon is good for 1 standard size fluidized media reactor
It must be picked up at Aquatic Technology
It is more than obvious that Mike has a vendetta against me. He has rallied the BOD behind him or at least claims to have. I am not perfect. No one alive is, but Mike is taking the club in the wrong direction.
I wrote in a post comparing his actions, not him, to a person in history.
What I meant by the analogy was he is using power in a way it wasn't meant, for personal agenda and trying to squash any and all opinions that are not his own. He is trying and succeeding in controlling what is said about this matter at least on the local club forum.
My post was edited and my comment removed.
His posts about me remained on the C-SEA.org web site for quite some time.
Which is more personal? He slandered me. I tried to respond and had my posts deleted. I tried to defend myself and was not allowed. This business supports my family. He is trying to harm my business. CSEA had kept his posts, removed negative posts about him, and deleted positive posts about me. And if I post anything on their website I will immediately have my membership privileges revoked.

Greg Smith

aquatictec
12/14/2011, 08:19 AM
I just logged on to the c-Sea website and now can sea the business section with the Christmas party section as well as the 4 new
sections they just created. BTW I am blocked fom posting. I wonder who thye made them for ;)
Wow. Look at the 4 new sections that just popped up on their website:

Contacts and Friends of C-SeaSponsors, the Zoo, swap locations, vendors and speakers contact information and listings. The BOD is
required to keep this up to date and reinforce those postiive contacts.
Forum Actions:
Subscribe to This ForumForum Statistics:
Threads: 0
Last Post:
Never

Less than Friends of C-SeaListing of information of former members, sponsors that have caused harm or disruption of club operation. Not
a witch hunt list but a simple archive for current and future BOD members to consider for membership, sponsorship or contractual
arrangements with any given person, business or entity. It is strongly recommended that only information that is 100% sound is added
and that this archive MUST NOT BE DELETED. (By-Law TBA)
Forum Actions:
Last Post:
Never

Permanent Banned Club MembersThis archive MUST NEVER BE DELETED even if a banned member is re-instated. (By-law TBA)
Forum Actions:
Last Post:
Never

Infraction DiscussionForum for the review, discussion and final determination of moderation decisions. This archive MUST NOT BE
DELETED.
Forum Actions:
Threads: 2
Last Post:
Ariffle11
by
Moderator1
View Profile View Forum Posts View Blog Entries 10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Please read
Your posts in regards to the issue involving Greg Smith and Mike have been noted in the forum. At this time, you are being asked to
refrain from making any more comments about the issue. We want to put this all this to rest. Hopefully you can abide this request.
Thank You for understanding and your cooperation,
Moderator1
* Ths is not Mike
**************************************************************************************************** *********************

I see that people have posted and their posts have been noted AND REMOVED. A discussion forumn was created where discussions are
removed if they do not fit the design of the moderator.

Of course I can not post to defend myself and have been added to the infraction section for my actions which are summarized in this reef
central segment Only in America.
I ask that all C-Sea members please voice your concerns on the infraction section.
I for one would like to bring up the actions of the club president there as well if they are not immediately edited out but I can not post.

ariffle11
01/17/2012, 07:27 AM
o my... i had not logged in to the c-sea website for a long while and didnt know that i got singled out just for defending a store and having an opinion... needless to say i will not be reinstating my membership this year... seems as though they took it down but thanks for bringing it to my attention greg!

Jeremy Blaze
01/24/2012, 01:52 PM
Are there still members in this club? What a bunch of, well, not sure what to call them(him)

Jeremy Blaze
01/24/2012, 01:55 PM
Does Cleveyank=Mike? Whats his profession?

aquatictec
01/24/2012, 05:26 PM
Yes Cleveyank=Mike

I was just posting this stuff so people could see what Mike was doing/trying to do to people he does not care for. I have no bad feelings whatsoever for the club and would not do anything to harm the club. Most of the club officers resigned. With the remaining officers Mike has since kicked me out of the club for then same infractions he claimed I did. He went so far as to have a uniformed police officer at the entrance to the Aquarium building at the zoo to make sure that my family and I did not go to the Christmas Party.

Before the Christmas party I had asked my friend of many years if he minded if my family and I went to the Christmas party. I told him I needed to be there and had no intentions of starting anything with Mike. My friend requested that I not go so as to avoid any trouble so I did not go. Mike has gone so far as to accuse me of causing CSEA to leave Reef Central and causing or trying to cause harm to the club. Anyone can read his posts (search under his user name) and easily see who was to blame.

For the sake of the club it is probably best that this be left alone for now. If you have any comments please email me.

I wish the club the best of luck.

mgraf
01/24/2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks Gregg, it is a great club, it has gotten a lot of bad publicity lately. I'm not trying to defend anyone, only the club.