PDA

View Full Version : how do people do equipment trades?

nbsdsailor
12/14/2011, 07:51 PM
Neither me or the guy that wants to trade with me have ever done a trade before through a forum. What is the standard process to ensure that both people hold up their end of the deal so neither person gets shafted? This is a dry equipment trade.

Thanks in advance.

liquidlunch
12/14/2011, 08:16 PM
You dive right in and hope you don't get raped or killed. Seriously though, I have met some good guys over the last few years and have no problems meeting up with people. If you are squirrely by nature, meet at a common area instead of inviting strangers to your house.

nbsdsailor
12/14/2011, 08:38 PM
this would be shipping the items, not local.

liquidlunch
12/14/2011, 08:46 PM
paypal or ebay status is a start. there is a feedback section on RC to weed out shady sob's. No guarantees though, I have been smoked a few times via mail by receiving broken crap.

James77
12/14/2011, 09:11 PM
Requires a lot of trust, just check feedback orlook throuhg past posts to figure character if you can. I've done several of them, and they went well.

Make sure plenty of pics and descriptions are traded about the items. Both usually ship the same day and provide tracking info so they can be followed. Hope for the best. If you are not happy, discuss it with the other party. Good luck :), I have never had a problem selling or trading here and I have done well over 100 transactions as both buyer and seller.

You could always try each deposting some cash into each others PP as insurance. But it is usually both shipping the same day.