PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Powerline to connect Apex Jr?

huskysglare1
12/14/2011, 09:01 PM
Anyone here uses Powerline to connect the Ethernet from your router to the Apex Jr? Mine doesn't seem to work using powerline.

reefereef
12/14/2011, 09:08 PM
i thought about getting one when i was at Fry's last. I decided instead to get some cat5 cable and run the cable to the controller instead. something about the powerline just didnt seem reassuring to me.

Sorry i cant help you with your problems, only thing i know about the powerline is that it is supposed to be plug and play. Maybe try asking in the neptune forum to see what answers lurk there.

huskysglare1
12/14/2011, 09:42 PM
I don't know what i did wrong the first time around, but it seems to work now. Everything is good.

BigKahuna
12/14/2011, 09:43 PM
I use a netgear powerline adapter on my Apex Sr. and have never had a single issue. Did you test other devices besides the Apex to see if they work? When they work powerline adapters shouldn't even be noticed any more than a cable.

huskysglare1
12/14/2011, 10:16 PM
Yup, thanks. Everything seems to work now. I was plugging the Powerline to one of the outlet from a bar outlet. I removed it and plugged it straight to the wall and everything is functional now.

reefereef
12/14/2011, 10:18 PM
good to know, i have other places where i could use a powerline.

huskysglare1
12/17/2011, 01:20 PM
It's weird. It was working for a while and now it doesn't. I don't know what's going on. I'd tried switching powerlines adapter, but it still won't function.

BigKahuna
12/17/2011, 03:01 PM
Any appliances running while you have trouble like a washing machine or other big electric device? The one downside to powerline products in general is they can be affected by noise on your home's electrical system and there is no real way of predicating how well they will work on any particular outlet. When they work they are great but if the connection is poor or getting interference from something else running they can cause problems.