PDA

View Full Version : worlds best kept secret bonding agent

BaronVonDango
12/14/2011, 11:24 PM
Ever try to bond things together and it just does not work no matter how many adhesives jimbo at the hardware store sells you?

I know I have had my share of sticky situations.

I learned about this awesome stuff when my friend broke his rc helicopter.

Basically super glue sticks to alot of thiings, but it doesn't stick to everything. It is missing the one thing everything is made of. Carbon. My friend used cigarette ashes and superglue to bond pieces and even mold forms that handle extreme vibration.

Well I was building a protein skimmer and had to bond pvc to a water jug.
under 10gallons of water putting pressure on it, it has not leaked @ all.

I have bonded glass to rubber to dog hair and it sticks to everything!

You can use ground up activated carbon if u plan on submersing it. I just smoke alot of cancer and it was right there.

I did not submerse what I used ashes on.

DO NOT GET IT ON YOU IT BURNS Of HELLFIRE

antbreon
12/15/2011, 06:20 AM
ok i heard someone talking about it..3m or it was locktight...good info but you forgot the main point ...or were you keeping it secret...LOL

rrasco
12/15/2011, 10:42 AM
I'm pretty sure he meant to use superglue and ashes or ground up carbon.

BaronVonDango
12/15/2011, 10:47 AM
Yeah, im required by steve to let people creatively figure this out themselves. Lol.

Just kidding. I use the superglue gel from the dollar store. Same stuff I use on frags.

Here's an example.
I rammed a hole in a plastic jug and stuck pvc in it. Around the hole I filled glue around it. I pushed cigarette ashes into the glue until it absorbed it and did another layer of glue and ashes.

It was only as secret because steve never told anybody but me...mainly because he didn't think much of it.

If I can find huge tubes im going to make a giant sculpture out of it

sirreal63
12/16/2011, 12:15 AM
For added strength, paper towels soaked in superglue works a lot like fiberglass and baking soda is an instant curing agent for super glue. Just adding to the FYI. :D

BaronVonDango
12/16/2011, 01:47 AM
If you break a hole in a speaker you can use toilet paper and white elmers glue to patch it.

Lemeshianos
12/16/2011, 06:06 AM
http://www.oshonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/superglue-merkel.jpg

TundraGuy
12/16/2011, 07:06 AM
Lemeshianos how long did you sit on those pix before you found it's true purpose? Cus I almost peed myself when I saw this.

BaronVonDango
12/16/2011, 08:50 AM
I don't know who that lady is, but she looks like she should be using elmers glue paste for her own well being

Gorgok
12/16/2011, 02:42 PM
Must have a tailor sew the clothing on her... sleeves are real tricky when you have glued your hands together.

BaronVonDango
12/16/2011, 03:58 PM
I made a hermit crab shell out of toenails, cat hair, cigarette ashes, and superglue...it turned out pretty cool. When the crab comes out ill get a pic. He looks like a furby

erayk1
12/17/2011, 01:16 PM
That sounds kinda gross there buddy! lol

BaronVonDango
12/17/2011, 02:07 PM
I think that my toenails are offended lol, along with the crab. Nothing is as gross as finding a sea cucumber in your skimmer cup that is 5 days old.

Talk about losing your appetite