PDA

View Full Version : After many years of dependable service - Wavebox pump problem

AcroSteve
12/15/2011, 06:36 PM
I noticed my wavebox was not functioning the other day. I do not know how long this was not working - could have been several weeks.

Anyway, I took the pump out and cleaned it. It was not jammed. It still tuned freely, but had some algae and sludge build up. I will note that there was no audible alarm, and I think the lights on the 6091 controller appeared to be working normally. The pump is a 6261.

After I put the pump back together, it worked fine, untill the lights when out and the photo-eye turned it off. This was really only about 10 minutes last night.

I do know if it worked at all today, but when I checked it this evening, it was not working. The two led's where cycling back and forth, but each time one was lit, it flickered slightly. The only action from the pump was a slight twitching of the impeller when it should have been on for each cycle.

I unplugged the photo-eye in an attempt to get it working, but it did not help.

What should I do next? I have a couple of other stream pumps, but no other wavebox pump to try.

Thanks

rvitko
12/19/2011, 09:37 AM
You can try the controller and photocell on any other controllable stream in order to rule out the controller or photocell.

AcroSteve
12/28/2014, 01:50 PM
What is the record for procrastination?:lmao:

Well, I also have a faulty 6201 that I am trying to diagnose also.

But, back to the 6261 for a moment. All it will do is turn the impeller 1/2 turn each time the wave timer cycles. This is only if i turn it 1/2 turn during the off cycle. If I leave it alone, it will only twitch.

If I unplug the controller-which should run the pump constantly, the impeller just sort of vibrates. I did verify that the power supply is putting out 24v.

Back to the 6201
The power supply for the 6201 is defective. The LED remains dark and I only get about 1.6v out of it.

The pump is clean. When I connect the wavebox power supply to the 6201 pump, it just vibrates a little, and the impeller does not turn.

So, I suspect that my wavebox timer is OK, but both the 6201 and the 6261 are faulty. Along with the power supply for the 6201.

Sound about right?

Any realistic repair options?

Thanks

rvitko
12/29/2014, 02:51 PM
The only repair option is to replace the pumps with the current equivalents, we would discount them but you would need a 6215 pump and a 6155.

AcroSteve
12/29/2014, 06:46 PM
Thanks Roger.