PDA

View Full Version : Videos of the Genesis RENEW™ and STORM™ Systems

GenesisReefSys
12/16/2011, 06:17 AM
We've decided to create a series of videos showing how to do everything from setting up, installing, and using the RENEW™ Automatic Water Change System and STORM™ Specialized Top Off & Replenishment Modules, to some neat tips and tricks to make your installation clean and professional looking. We've only just begun adding to our library of videos, but keep checking back because we'll be adding more as they are created. Or, better yet, subscribe to our YouTube Channel and get updated whenever we add a video - not all will be posted here in the forum.

This first one shows the RENEW™ Pro in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTC2NIfflPU

240galman
03/16/2012, 01:44 PM
Very cool! Is everything still working well? I have a 240gal build that I am thinking about purchasing this for:)

Rploaded
03/16/2012, 01:49 PM
Very cool! Is everything still working well? I have a 240gal build that I am thinking about purchasing this for:)

It's an awesome system, even if you have a controller.... This is not your average water change / top off system.... This is redundancy to the max...... I let my apex just monitor for shtf situations and let the genesis do its thing.

GenesisReefSys
03/16/2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the compliment, rploaded! I'm happy you're pleased with your system. Yours is certainly one of the more complex installations I'm aware of.

240galman, rploaded has an impressive build thread for his 650 gallon tank in the Large Tanks forum; a truly top notch aquarium build. You might want to take a look!

Have a great weekend.
Kevin

bnumair
03/16/2012, 11:15 PM

it is probably the best piece of equipment i ever bought for my reef.
240galman u been on my built and commented on stuff. take a look at some of my recent pics there i have the Renew and storm and rocv hooked up.
Thank you Genesis for such a great product. excellent quality very sturdy setup and the Pro version looks failsafe. so far i have enjoyed rocv making ro/di water when i am low. not having to guess time when to shut off and not remembering and 20gals overflowing into the streets. Storm ATO is very precise and have multiple settings. then renew does all ur water changes.
Now if genesis can come up with a unit that can mix salt into ro/di bin, reef can run by itself lol.

GenesisReefSys
03/17/2012, 05:34 AM
it is probably the best piece of equipment i ever bought for my reef .... Thank you Genesis for such a great product. excellent quality very sturdy setup and the Pro version looks failsafe.

Thank you, bnumair, for the compliments! We definitely aim to please!

Now if genesis can come up with a unit that can mix salt into ro/di bin, reef can run by itself lol

Well, we don't have any plans to mix your salt for you. We have to let you have some of the fun! :D

Seriously though, it wouldn't be all that difficult to automate. It would just be too darn expensive to do it right and make it practical!

Thanks again for the kind words.
Kevin

Spectre2006
03/18/2012, 05:08 PM
looks like a cool product, was introduced to it by the banners on top. My next purchase will be the whole line.