PDA

View Full Version : LEDs With Controller, recommendations

windyridge
12/16/2011, 01:55 PM
The AI Sols (I have a unit on order) are way back ordered and the controllers are worse. You can't really use these lights without a controller so I am looking for another light setup that is controllable. Hoods are nice and I am wondering if there is one suitable for a 92G corner bowfront that is around 34-35 inches across that won't break the bank. I have already waited two weeks and they haven't even received them at the distribution warehouse. I am in the midst of my upgrade and never thought that this was going to be an issue. My new tank has the ecosaver rocks, some live rock, and a sump with refugium so it's no harm to sit indefinitely I guess. It only has an incandescent hood however so I don't feel comfortable putting any corals in it. So I guess it sits and my foot is tapping.:headwalls:

windyridge
12/16/2011, 03:37 PM
How about this first model listed here:
http://www.ledgrowlightsoutlet.com/120w-led-aquarium-lighting.html

and the place is only 1.5 hours from where I live.

LS90gal
12/16/2011, 05:26 PM
you might be able to get away with a cree 60 watt unit, it comes with a dimmer and timmer is just as good as AI sol, and it cheaper. There is a guy on ebay who sells them with a 5 year warranty. IF you go to ebay type in cree aquarium leds you should be able to find them.

windyridge
12/16/2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks LS found a company that has the AI Sols in stock.