PDA

View Full Version : excessive snails from reefcleaners

j86miu
12/16/2011, 08:25 PM
I ordered a CUC from reefcleaners.org, I ordered 10 dwarf cerith snails plus a bunch of other snails...

My order came in today, and as expected I got more than 10 dwarf ceriths. I added maybe 20-25 (rough estimate) of them into tank. Only problem is I still have about 30-40 left in a plastic bin...

I left them with some tank water and plan on getting them to my lfs tomorrow. Will they survive by then? I don't plan on adding a heater or powerhead or anything like that, just water from my tank... its room temperature is usually about 50-60 degrees here..

or should i just throw them all in there :idea:... i only have a 14g biocube lol

Reefing Newbie
12/16/2011, 09:50 PM
Do you have any nassarius snails? If you do they will be able to eat any that die from starvation. Actually in my 125(got at least 150 of those little guys) only a few were dead, but they were dead before in the tank. I would say maybe put them in a net with some kind of lid over it overnight until you get them to the lfs.

j86miu
12/16/2011, 10:12 PM
Do you have any nassarius snails? If you do they will be able to eat any that die from starvation. Actually in my 125(got at least 150 of those little guys) only a few were dead, but they were dead before in the tank. I would say maybe put them in a net with some kind of lid over it overnight until you get them to the lfs.

Yes I only have 3 though as recommended by the site... I was thinking of just adding them to the tank, but I don't want 50 mini snails running around and then have to pick them out 1 by 1 to take them out to the lfs =/

Reefing Newbie
12/16/2011, 10:16 PM
Put them in a net if you have one and cover it up until tomorrow, or when you go to the lfs. They may die in unheated/uncirculating water. I could be wrong though, that was just my experiece.