PDA

View Full Version : Apex / Aquabus Communication Issues?

wwanthony
12/18/2011, 09:48 AM
Last night my Apex / Aquabox entered a strange state.

I have 2 EB8s, 1EB4, and 2PM1s that are allowing blinking yellow. The base unit is solid green and I can access it from the web page. The display has gone black. No modules are listed on the module setup screen.

I have tried to reinit and reload my old program, but nothing changes. All the outlets that have a default of ON have power (e.g., Return, Skimmer, et). The others are OFF (e.g., lights, etc). My guess is this is some sort of Aquabus communication issue. I have moved a few cables around to no avail.

I have been running the latest firmware since the day it was posted. I sent an email to Curt last night, but given it is the weekend I may not get an answer until Monday.

Any thoughts? Has someone had this problem? Does this require the magic telnet from Curt to fix?

Thanks for any suggestions. I had to cancel a business trip today because of the state of the system.

aquamanic
12/18/2011, 11:29 AM
So you've tried the obvious things - swap USB cables, swap USB outlets (the controller has 2 you can use, the EB8's have 6), cycled the power to the modules?

You can try to reinitialize the bus if none of the above works.

I don't think I've ever heard of a problem where NONE of the modules are recognized. That's a new one.

wwanthony
12/18/2011, 12:53 PM
Alan, Thanks.

Yea, I have tried everything. I was playing around with my Tunze connections when it happened. I think I may try to reload the firmware next.

I did try to reinit the bus also.

EDIT: Even the firmware update wrong work. An error occurs unlocking the controller.

aquamanic
12/18/2011, 01:08 PM
I suppose it's possible something shorted in the controller...that would stink!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, misspellings are totally Apple's fault.