PDA

View Full Version : Large Polyped NPS corals

mrdamsel
12/19/2011, 05:19 PM
Let's make a profile for some large polyp NPS corals. There are many of them, but let's cover as many as possible. So, here is what you should include.

A photo of that specific coral

it's dietary needs

any special care

Also, include the care required. Difficulty from 1 to 5 as compared to other NPS corals

If possible, please tell if you have kept it before.

mrdamsel
12/19/2011, 05:26 PM
I will give an idea by starting with a old standard sun coral. Sorry for no pic. Will try to get one.

Care level: 1

diet: feed meaty foods such as mysis, brine,and cyclopeeze a few times a week. Do not skip feeding, because it is NOT photosynthetic.

Extra care: This is a very hardy NPS coral but attention for feeding is required. This coral is quite fragile so be careful to only handle it by the base. Since it is an LPS coral, make sure calcium is maintained to ensure growth.

I have not yet ever kept this or any other NPS but have experience with them. I plan on getting this coral in the near future.

Aquabacs
12/19/2011, 08:53 PM
If you go to the "sticky" section of the forum we have two threads already dedicated on the information you are looking for (thread on stocking a non-photosynthetic aquarium and the one below it on feeding large polyp stony non-photosynthetic corals.

Mike

mrdamsel
12/20/2011, 05:03 PM
Oh, well sorry but I didn't see that thread. Thank you for the thread!