PDA

View Full Version : VMWare Fusion and connection to P3

GatorPharmD
12/21/2011, 03:22 PM
Hello all,
I purchased a Cisco WET610N to connect to my P3 from my Mac using VMWare Fusion. Currently I connect via USB using VMWare Fusion.
I haven't been successful with the connection, before I continue trying, has anyone been able to establish a connection like mine?

Thank you in advance.

Beaviz
12/22/2011, 07:04 AM
Did you install the GHL specific USB-driver in the VM/Windows environment? This is required in order to connect sucessfully to the Profilux.

[edit] Read your post again. It seems that you have no problems connection through USB.

I have my Profilux set up using a wireless bridge and has been using this setup for almost a year now. Even though I use a Netgear bridge I can not see why you should not be able to use the Cisco device you bought?

Did your bridge connect successfully to your wireless network?

When you log on to the web interface of the bridge can you see if the Profilux is connected?

Try setting up the network settings manually (using a valid adress and same subnet as the rest of your wireless network) in the Profilux control using the USB connection. Switch off the power to the Profilux and try connection using wireless again.

GatorPharmD
12/22/2011, 03:48 PM
Beaviz, thank you for the information. I am still having issues because of my lack of computer knowledge. I will post a note once I resolve this.