PDA

View Full Version : another lighting question..

londonreef
12/23/2011, 01:18 PM
I been reading on her for awhile and finally made an account, well... There's a LFS I been watching there site and I see that they have TEK and ATI lighting. I'm stuck between the tek elite 6x54w and the ati sunpower 6x54w. Its for a 24" deep tank, I want to keep softies, sps and maybe anenome one of these days. Now I see everyone recomends ati, but its 549.99 and the tek is 404.99. And you can get legs for the tek instead of hanging it. So I'm really stuck here. I no the legs are extra but so is buying the things to hang the ati? What are the pros and cons oif each fixture and would I be able to grow everything I wanted with the tek?

londonreef
12/23/2011, 06:13 PM
Anyone?

londonreef
12/24/2011, 03:40 PM

cubsFAN
12/24/2011, 03:54 PM
The tek elite will work fine for your tank. I have not used it and have heard past problems with the fans. I think tek has taken care of that. It won't provide as much light as the ati, but should do the job for what you plan to keep. I have a 4bulb ati sunpower. It's very nice, but sadly the fans are not as quiet as I hoped.

jones02
12/24/2011, 04:07 PM
I was in the same spot as you, I really like and want the ati fixutre but hanging it is a problem for me. So I think I have to settle for the tek elite just cuz of the legs. I hear there great fixture aswell just the ballast isn't as good as the ati. It is also fan cooled I read and I seen some review say it has moonlights? Not 100% on that maybe someone else will chim in on this but if u want moonlighting and it doesn't have it there's ones you can add to ur tank for cheao anyways.