PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Vortech with AQT is it in the future?

RobbyG
12/23/2011, 07:48 PM
I don't know how many people use Vortech pumps but I do and I really wish Aquatronica would come up with a Wireless Module for it.
I know that it seems like every year some pump is the hot topic and it's hard to make hardware but in this case I really do see Vortech as being the number one for years to come, they have a really great product and a few good Patents, so they pretty much have that side of the market sewn up.

AQT
01/04/2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Robby!! it could be a new project for AQT yes... but not before the middle of 2012... we are too busy with many others project now!! :-)

AQT
01/10/2012, 09:22 AM
here we have a problem... Vortech's pumps work in bluetooth or wireless... well, to create a specific wireless module we need Vortech's protocol and for sure they prefer to sell their controller!! :-)

RobbyG
01/18/2012, 04:18 PM
here we have a problem... Vortech's pumps work in bluetooth or wireless... well, to create a specific wireless module we need Vortech's protocol and for sure they prefer to sell their controller!! :-)

I donít' think Echotech has a problem with controllers being used, since you still have to have their controller in order to make it work.

They partnered with GHL
http://ecotechmarine.com/news/ecotech-marine-announces-ghl-controller-for-vortech-pumps/

And Neptune systems seem to just use the system without any formal agreement, so I am not sure there is even an issue with Aquatronica making a module.

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=40

This goes far beyond just pumps at this point, it seems as though Echotech is also heading towards being the number one LED maker, so it is in Aquatronica best interest to have a module since the same module can work on both the pumps and the lights.

yukihiko
01/19/2012, 07:00 AM
Hi All,

I'm Yukihiko, a developer of AquaMonitor.

I know that Development kit was opend in September 2009 by ecotech.

I am interrested in the Development kit!
And I want to improve my app for ecotech's pump!!

Please let me know, if you have a information of Development kit..

Best regards,
Yukihiko

AQT
01/24/2012, 02:27 AM
ok Yukihiko, when we'll have further info I'll inform you!!
Davide

yukihiko
01/24/2012, 07:34 AM
Hi AQT,

Thanks for your message.

If AquaMonitor can control VorTech pumps, many user will be happy.

I can support you !!

Looking forward to your e-mail about detail information.

Best regards,
Yukihiko

ok Yukihiko, when we'll have further info I'll inform you!!
Davide