PDA

View Full Version : WXM Problems

EddieJ
12/26/2011, 08:05 AM
I am having problems with my WXM and 2 MP40w Vortechs. For the last couple of weeks the WXM had been losing connections with the Vortechs, their status comes up as missing. When this happens I need to reboot the Vortechs and sometimes unplug the WXM module to regain connectivity. The Vortechs are located rather close to the WXM, One is about 2 feet away and the other about 3.5 feet away. This seems to happen at least once every 2 days, sometimes everyday, sometimes twice a day. Any ideas?

aquamanic
12/26/2011, 08:29 AM
Make sure the WXM firmware is current along with the firmware in the pumps. You might be getting some interference from something. Think back a month or so. Whats changed with your setup?

milkman55
12/26/2011, 09:24 AM
My WXM does that from time to time. I always assumed it was because my WXM is in the basement, about 12-15 ft from my two MP40s. It always reconnects and only happens occasionally, so I just ignore it.

EddieJ
12/26/2011, 06:45 PM
Ok, I moved the units closer to the WXM, one is like 6 inches away and the other about 1.5 feet away. They failed once again. I can't think of anything that has changed or could cause interference. I did notice one Vortech was not displaying any firmware version on the status page. So I tried the Ecotech upgrade on that Vortech, It never said it comleted but I did see the pump reset. It is now displaying like the other one

http://www.eddiesreef.com/210/apexfirm.jpg

Guess we will see how long it lasts this time...

EddieJ
12/30/2011, 08:15 AM
This thing is still acting up, this morning the Vortechs were disconnected, I tried the unplug and plug back in trick on the Vortechs but they still did not connect to the WXM. I then unplugged the WXM and plugged it back in then repowered the vortechs, still no dice. Lastly I telnet into the Apex and reboot the unit, bingo, back in business. Something is obviously not correct here. Might have to place a call into Neptune and see what we can do.