PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap

Hami4
12/27/2011, 10:48 AM
Hi I'm new to this Forum but no time for that I am in need of desperate help cause I think my bubble tip anemone is dying and I'm going to pull him out before he kills everything but I'm not sure so if some of you guys could help that would be great here is some pics one was from last night the other was from this morning. Also i have a ten gallon tank with a carbon filter protein skimmer and heater.

http://*******.com/r/291j8dw/5[/IMG]

http://*******.com/r/69q3i1/5[/IMG]

SJSharkin406
12/27/2011, 10:59 AM
bad news, its not a bubble tip- looks like a condy, and yes it looks like its on its way out. if the mouth keeps gaping that is not good. keep a close eye on it... can you give us some more info on your tank such as size, age, parameters, other tank inhabitants....

Hami4
12/27/2011, 11:09 AM
The tank is 10 gallons has been set up for 2-3 months the anemone is the only thing in there since petco ran out of damsels yesterday and he is on live rock and I haven't gotten my water tested? I fed him some brine shrimp this morning and he ate it??? And he also like gave out this thing this morning that looked like a brain or something it was quite big.

bradleym
12/27/2011, 11:10 AM
+1 to all of the above

bradleym
12/27/2011, 11:16 AM
Oops!

That anemone is in bad shape. Your tank is too small and probably too new. And you should always know what your parameters are if you're going to add an anemone as they are pretty sensitive to water quality.

You should probably return it. If you don't want to do that, you will need to get your water tested and post the results to get any real help. JMO

Hami4
12/27/2011, 11:26 AM
Do you think I should just flush him before he really starts dying? And what fish do you think I should start with cause I only have the 10 gallon?

bradleym
12/27/2011, 11:57 AM
You still have time to save it if you do alot of things right and get lucky. If you don't want to mess around with it, you could just give it back to Petco.

If you have never had a saltwater tank before, a damsel would be pretty hardy, or a clownfish would probably do ok in there because they don't swim much. But even then, you would want to at least know your salinity and nitrate levels. At LEAST.

Hami4
12/27/2011, 11:58 AM
Any suggestions? Anybody?

Hami4
12/27/2011, 12:26 PM
Alright well I gave him a funeral but do you have any suggestions for anemones that work in small tanks cause im going to get my water tested and then get some damsels and work my way up? But any suggestions?

fish042099
12/27/2011, 12:32 PM
Damsels are good, also Firefish are hardy.

brian762
12/27/2011, 12:43 PM
Alright well I gave him a funeral but do you have any suggestions for anemones that work in small tanks cause im going to get my water tested and then get some damsels and work my way up? But any suggestions?

Patience is key. Do not add a nem for atleast 6 months. And with that size of tank you are limited. Are you looking to do a clown/nem? If not, look at maxi-mini anemones.

rocklobster707
12/27/2011, 01:16 PM
Also what kind of lighting do you have, since alot of anemones are photosynthetic if you dont have a quality lighting source theya re as good as dead when you put them in. ALso like it has been stated before you have to have pristine water parameters. Get a test kit.