PDA

View Full Version : Rapid LED Suggestions

phish guy
12/27/2011, 02:32 PM
i am upgrading to a 150 gallon tank (72x18x29) and i am looking to do my first DIY LED panels for my tank. i want to keep sps, lps, and zoas in the tank. i want to have 3 panels total with approx. 30 bulbs on each panel. i wanted to connect all the panels to 1 dimmer so they can all be controlled at once. what im not too sure about is the color sequence i am going to use and how many drivers im going to need.

i hear many things about the LED colors such as red, green, blue, ROYAL blue, cool white, warm white, neutral white..... i can see that each of the whites have a different kelvin color but what do the green and reds do? how many would i need? and what is the difference in the blue and royal blue? i am looking for suggestions on how many bulbs of each color i should have on each fixture based on best color of corals.

also, i see that the rapid led drivers only can support up to 14 LEDs on each driver. would i be able to do 28 leds on each panel with 2 drivers on each? then comes into play of what colors i should get with only 28 bulbs on each panel/heat sink?
i am sorry if my questions seem lengthy but i am trying to plan this out the best i can before i even think about moving my corals into the 150. thank you for all the help and i hope to hear what everybody has to say. thank you
andrew

phish guy
12/27/2011, 07:59 PM
any feedback?

Phishguy
12/27/2011, 08:27 PM
great name!!