PDA

View Full Version : No waste water

rvela
12/28/2011, 06:37 AM
My 5 stage ro unit is in my garage, which is connected via a saddle piercing connector. It has been running fine up until yesterday for the past 2 1/2 yrs. I recently replaced all my filters in addition to the membrane. I made sure all connections are correct. I have an ASOV, membrane flush kit, pressure gauge, and an inline tds meter. My temp in garage is around 40-45 degrees F. I am aware temp will affect the production. However, I have a slow production of finished(pure) water, but I am not making any waste water when unit is running.

Note: the only time I have waste water coming out is when I flush the membrane.

Thanks in advance,
Roy

Thefilterguys
12/29/2011, 12:04 PM
What pressure do you see on the pressure gauge?

Jim

rvela
12/29/2011, 12:14 PM
70-75 psi.

I was told by another reefer that my flow restrictor may be bad. Is that a possibility? I have a quick connect flow restrictor rated for my 75 gpd membrane. Its weird how Im still getting 0 TDS coming out of my DI w/o having any waste water being made.

Thefilterguys
12/29/2011, 09:36 PM
Since you have water when the flush valve is opened what it sounds like is the orifice in the restrictor is calcified. You can try soaking it in vinegar or just replace it. Since you are flowing no waste this may impact your membrane rejection rate.

Your resin exhaustion should start going up very quickly as your rejection rate drops away.

Hopefully you can clear or replace your restrictor and flush your membrane before it clogs and needs replacing.

jim