PDA

View Full Version : Using your own T5 ballasts with dimming module?

trinakria
12/28/2011, 08:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to connect my own dimmable T5 ballast...
The dimming module has 4 pins (molex connector) for every ballast, suggesting it's not a simple 0-10V dimmable system (you would expect 2 pins).

Can anybody provide more information about the 4-pin connector and the voltage output?

Maybe it's just the 0-10V system/protocol and the other two pins are for additional functions (e.g. completely turn off the lights) for the aquatronica ballast. If that's the case, we should be able to find out :cool:. I just ordered a multimeter and I will try to measure the voltage of the different pins/outputs.

Thanks in advance!

AQT
01/04/2012, 10:15 AM
Hi!! with the actual dimming module we suggest to use our T5 bars but for the US they are not available!
But, don't be afraid!! :-) we are now developping a new open module for DIY fixtures T5 and LED as well!!

Take care
Davide

kirsto71
02/02/2012, 03:54 AM
How will we be able to get up to date information for the release of these modules. I was just in the process of buying a profilux unit to control my new LEDs because my Aquatronica wont do it right now but of course i want to be able to use my Aquatronica for that instead of having a second control computer. It would be great if you keep us well informed. Thanks.

AQT
02/02/2012, 04:14 AM
Hi Marc!!
if you sometime check our web site (www.aquatronica.com) you can be updated on all novelties!! I suggest you to ask through our web site to receive our news letter.
Thanks a lot Marc!
Take care
Davide

Bui
02/02/2012, 01:01 PM
I'm waiting for the module too...If aquatronica need a beta tester for the module, im willing :>

llecaroz
02/24/2012, 03:54 PM
Hello, in fact with which protocol is the aquatronica dimmer module compatible with ? 2 wires 0-10v pwm ? GHL ?
Thx in advance for the clarification
Louis

AQT
02/27/2012, 06:16 AM
hi Ilecaroz, well our dimmer module is 4 wires 1-10V.
Take care
Davide

Valerij_Petrov
03/21/2012, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to connect my own dimmable T5 ballast...
The dimming module has 4 pins (molex connector) for every ballast, suggesting it's not a simple 0-10V dimmable system (you would expect 2 pins).

Can anybody provide more information about the 4-pin connector and the voltage output?

Maybe it's just the 0-10V system/protocol and the other two pins are for additional functions (e.g. completely turn off the lights) for the aquatronica ballast. If that's the case, we should be able to find out :cool:. I just ordered a multimeter and I will try to measure the voltage of the different pins/outputs.

Thanks in advance!
Hi! Sorry for my english:) im from Latvia!
Module have 4-pins because 2 pins is for power 12Volt (you can use aquatronica power adapter) and other 2 pins is dimmer control (0-10).
aquatronica dimmer module will work with all 0-10V dimmable system!
if you need manual how to connect this device, let me know,i will send photos!

AQT
03/22/2012, 04:08 AM
yes Valerij, thanks for your post Valerij!
Yes, what you explained is correct but this system works only for dimming LED fixtures (where you need only 1 of the 2 pins 0-10). Is not suitable for dimming T5 fixtures :-)

Davide

Valerij_Petrov
03/22/2012, 08:49 AM
yes Valerij, thanks for your post Valerij!
Yes, what you explained is correct but this system works only for dimming LED fixtures (where you need only 1 of the 2 pins 0-10). Is not suitable for dimming T5 fixtures :-)

Davide

Hi! not try, my T5 lamps works fine with my T5 osram dimmable balast + aquatronica dimming module ACQ441 :)) may be it's offically not suitable for T5 fixtures, :))) but really it's works! i have powered ACQ441 with aquatronica adapter 12 v by two top pin connectors, after this my computer was find this module, but two bottom connectors give a voltage from 0-10 v. now i have sunrice and sunset in my aquarium by my T5 lamps and full control with aquatronica computer:) if you don't trust i can upload video in youtube!

AQT
03/22/2012, 10:42 AM
no no Valerij, I trus you, no problem at all! I'm only happy you are succesful with Aquatronica and for me this your solution is only a plus we can give to Aquatronica's users!! :-)
Just a question, are you able to turn off completely and 100% the T5 lamps? This is the only problem we could have... not possible to turn off completely the lamp...
Thanks
Davide

Valerij_Petrov
03/22/2012, 11:16 AM
Ou! it's not a problem ! i turn on/off T5 lamps with plug bar (acq013)! dimming module (it's turned 24h a day) and turn on/off program work separately.
Example: socket one in plug bar is programed to turn on in 11.00 and turn off 19.00; dimming module is programed to start sunrise at 11.00 and start sunset in 17.30. And all works fine:))) i think is possible to find hardware solution, but i does't need oher solution, because all work fine:))))

AQT
03/23/2012, 04:09 AM
ok, that's great!! :-)
Btw, we will be in the market within the year with an open module as well so it will be easyer to use it in DIY fixtures, LED and T5...
Thanks Valerij for your post!
Davide

Bui
03/23/2012, 05:27 PM
Do you know how many set of leds it could dimm with each module.

For example if I have blue, white, UV & red. do I need one for each type of light or one module could handle multiples while dimming each light seperately.

AQT
03/26/2012, 06:57 AM
well, the module has 4 channels so you can use only one module, it's not necesary to buy one module each light.
Davide

galant711
06/30/2012, 10:22 AM
Hi! not try, my T5 lamps works fine with my T5 osram dimmable balast + aquatronica dimming module ACQ441 :)) may be it's offically not suitable for T5 fixtures, :))) but really it's works! i have powered ACQ441 with aquatronica adapter 12 v by two top pin connectors, after this my computer was find this module, but two bottom connectors give a voltage from 0-10 v. now i have sunrice and sunset in my aquarium by my T5 lamps and full control with aquatronica computer:) if you don't trust i can upload video in youtube!

Do I need related videos!!:inlove:

TRIGER
07/09/2012, 12:13 PM
so will my 2 t5 units work then deltec t5 units x 2 eq 4 t5s

mark97r6
01/24/2013, 04:15 PM
Hi.
Sorry to drag up an old post but...
Anyone got any further with this? Im building a diy led unit, i was planning to diy a controller also. I am now thinking of trying to utilise the aquatronica t5 dimming module.
But it would mean buying one to try so want a sound theory behind this route first.

Mark

AQT
01/28/2013, 02:06 AM
yes it is possible to modify the module we have already.. someone made it already.
Btw if you have a bit of patience in more or less a month we are going to release a new opend module 0-10V which can dimm aldo DIY light if the power unit is compatible.
Davide

treeboa
03/04/2013, 04:18 PM
any news on this yet ?? i have a [email protected] dimming light bar i would like to be able to link into the aquatronica

AQT
03/05/2013, 02:21 AM
the new open module is going to be released in April.
Davide

Mik_L
06/25/2013, 05:57 AM
Hello, All.
My name is Mikhail - I'm owner of Aquatronica about 7 Years for Plant Tank (450L). Main idea - to control water change throw Conductivity Sensor and 3-way Valve (Tap\RO water). I'm living in Moscow, Russia and can spend up to 30 weeks/Year for business trips (I'm Field Service Engineer), so thanks Controller I can leave Aquaria unattended. All works fine, but Aquatronica Service.
So, my history of relationships with Aquatronica is long and complex, but.. week ago I bought ACQ441 and was frustrated without connection schema. Thanks Valery, I can imagine now, how to connect it to the dimBars from OSRAM. All one's need - Standard Micro-Feed Male connector MF-4F and proper schema. Board inside Module box set close to wall, 1-st left Female connector, closest to edge would be, say - First, let's upper left Pin - number 1-st. Please, Valery, how to solder Male connector? And what means Aquatronika 12VDC power supply? If my question is, say, inconvinient - please send schema to my mail address. Many thanks in advance - Mikhail Lyubimov

Mik_L
06/25/2013, 07:01 AM
Hi.
Sorry to drag up an old post but...
Anyone got any further with this? Im building a diy led unit, i was planning to diy a controller also. I am now thinking of trying to utilise the aquatronica t5 dimming module.
But it would mean buying one to try so want a sound theory behind this route first.

Mark

As one can see, a new stand-alone ACQ445 announced for it, unfortunately without manual. It would use Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) Bus for LED DIY common controllers, isn't it, Davide?

Mik_L
06/25/2013, 02:36 PM
Sorry, Gents, my mistake was: You have to search Mini-Fit (Molex) MF 2x2 F(MF-4F) Connector, not Micro-Feed. Like this:
http://www.chipdip.ru/product/mf-2x2-f/
At the last page of instruction attached one can find a schema and polarity of 12VDC Supply, to solder pins 1-to-2 (upper line), pins 3-to-4 (lower line) to be connected (soldered) to 1-10V DimmBar I/F, as I guess, polarity doesn't matter
Mikhail