PDA

View Full Version : Question about RO/DI ATO

ozman05
12/31/2011, 09:52 PM
I installed a float valve in the trash can I'm using as my RO/DI reservoir. To test it out, I just held it up to make sure it would indeed stop pumping. Shortly after, the pressure overloaded my DI unit and it started leaking. No problem. I just tightened the canister and the problem was solved. It did indeed stop making water, however the pressure gauge still read higher than when it was producing water. Is this normal? Will the pressure ever go down?

If I'm done making water for a few days, do you just let the float valve shut it off or do you shut off the water at the actual source? I'm just worried that the pressure will build up and I'll come home to a flooded basement one of these days! :worried:

zigzag1
12/31/2011, 10:14 PM
This.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/reverse-osmosis-filters-and-systems/ro-plumbing-fittings/reverse-osmosis-valves-and-adaptors/auto-shut-off-valve.html

ozman05
12/31/2011, 10:15 PM
It came with the auto shut off valve. I'm just wondering if the pressure build up when it shuts off is normal.

diesel444
12/31/2011, 11:07 PM
On mine the psi builds to where the elect switch for the ro pump is set then it stops mine is 65 psi forgot it on one time and everything was ok nock on wood but I shut water off when finished to be safe but keep filters full of water dont let then dry out.

TheAquatard
01/01/2012, 12:38 AM
I'm pretty sure the pressure is supposed to stay the same. Theshut off valve directs water to the waste line when the unit isn't being used. I'd call BRS to be safe