PDA

View Full Version : Catching slippery fish

Manuel Martinez
01/01/2012, 08:48 PM
Please I need to catch a goby fish, because that fish is all the time moving the sand, and some coral were suffocating. Could some tall me the easy way to catch a slippery fish.

jlylec
01/01/2012, 09:00 PM
Please I need to catch a goby fish, because that fish is all the time moving the sand, and some coral were suffocating. Could some tall me the easy way to catch a slippery fish.

put a bottle trap in the tank (clear bottle with top cut off and inverted into the body to form a funnel) and let it sink to the bottom. stop feeding the tank completely for 3-4 days. then put his favorite food in the bottle and sink it again. you have to be patient. just leave it and walk away. most times you'll catch him in a day or so. i had to catch all my fish to treat for ich and let my tank run fallow. it took me a couple weeks but i got them all this way. check out my build thread for details (within the last few pages). Lyle's 150H build.

jim.crunk
01/01/2012, 09:03 PM
If he gets excited at feeding time you can catch him in a fish trap. I built mine, but you can also buy them.
I've needed to catch 3 fish so far and was able to catch them within minutes of placing the trap. It's great, never moved the first piece of rock or coral.

Manuel Martinez
01/01/2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks I Will try with a bottle.