PDA

View Full Version : Jap. Dragon eel worries

phill21
01/03/2012, 02:13 PM
Well I notice this morning that my dragon ell seems to be resting on the ground with his head proped up on a rock and seems to have odd breathing I have inverts and fish in the tank and they seem to be fine any diseases I should know about or illnesses need help!:sad1:

anaya
01/03/2012, 03:48 PM
I mean it is possible the eel is just chillin there. My eel will come out when the lighting is low enough and just hang out on sand bed and rocks in the wide open. Just a thought... May be nothing to worry about at all.....

phill21
01/03/2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the obvoius info just not a eel veteran yet thanks again

Moray keeper
01/03/2012, 04:52 PM
Well I notice this morning that my dragon ell seems to be resting on the ground with his head proped up on a rock and seems to have odd breathing I have inverts and fish in the tank and they seem to be fine any diseases I should know about or illnesses need help!:sad1:

If its not regular fluid breathing motions it could be a problem. Have you checked your water parameters recently?. If the water is ok and the eel is not breathing right I would monitor it closely over the next day or so. Sometime they get sand or some other small particle that irritates the breathing on a short term basis, parasites can also do this however.