PDA

View Full Version : JBJ Unibody Review

jfingers8
01/03/2012, 02:23 PM
I got setup my new JBJ Unibody LED over my 34g Solona. I am extremely impressed with the solid construction of this unit. Very easy to mount on the tank and very sturdy. The neck holds up the fixture easily. The fact that it's dimmable and make any color you want is amazing. Have heard some people say the fan is loud, no clue what they are talking about. Fan is dead silent. The only nock I have on it but it's very minor is if you ramp both the white and the blue up the colors don't exact blend perfectly but close. No spot light effect at all. People always say that LED's are dimmer than T-5 and MH. I can tell you that this fixture over my Solona is extremely bright. I have 6 saltwater tanks. I have a couple of other tanks with LEDs on them and this is by far the brightest so far. Unfortunately, I don' t have a good camara and can't post pics. We'll see how my corals react and see how color on them are after a couple of months. Another thing I forgot to mention is the blues are very overpowering but that isn't a bad thing. I would recommend this light fixture to anyone that is looking into this fixture. Any questions feel free to ask.