PDA

View Full Version : When to worry about aggression

ja4207
01/05/2012, 08:51 PM
I have 7 pairs of clowns in a 250g clown and anemone tank. At this point everyone seems to share anemones and get along suprisingly well except two. One of the Black Ice seem to randomly chase my Snowcasso around the tank. I can't figure out if it's playful banter, normal female dominance or something I should worry about. At this point there is no physical damage whatsoever to the snow.... Should I be worried and separate or let them figure this out on their own?

brian762
01/05/2012, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=ja4207;19707810]I have 7 pairs of clowns in a 250g QUOTE]

There is your problem.

ja4207
01/05/2012, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=ja4207;19707810]I have 7 pairs of clowns in a 250g QUOTE]

There is your problem.

I realize thats not recommended but I'm an absolutely clownfish fanatic. Previous to this I had 3 pairs in a standard 120 with minimal problems. At this point I'd say this has been a high level of success. With any multiples of clowns there is always a level of aggression... My question is at what point do I accept that enough is enough and pull one out?

L_Spec
01/06/2012, 12:07 AM
All fish can have different personalities, so if you're looking for a number, you're probably not going to get it.

Aaarrrggg
01/06/2012, 01:30 PM
If no actual damage has taken place I'd personally leave them for the time being. It's possible the black ice has decided she's the boss and maybe the snow is the male... or lowest in the peaking order?

I'm only guessing here of course... and leaving them in could result in a dead snow... I'd just prrsonally hang in a little longer if it was my tank. I mean, even pairs of clowns show this lvl of aggression.

I'm hoping to get an anemone tank with a few clowns going myself, so I'm always interested to hear about others experiences in this matter. Good luck! :D

Aaarrrggg
01/06/2012, 01:31 PM
Oh thought of something else... Maybe up the feeding? If morberts tank is anything to go by; full clowns = less aggressive clowns! ;)