PDA

View Full Version : Watanabei Angelfish and Square Anthias compability

LamboBoy
01/07/2012, 06:27 PM
Have a 135g (72x18x24), just bought the trio from DD and was wondering if later on, it would be ok to add a male and 3 female Square Anthias. No other fish in the tank. Heard that Swallowtail Angels do no get along with Anthias since they compete with the same food source, is that true?

Would also like to add a pair of Fairy Wrasse later but don't know what kind yet, they should be ok with the fish above right?

skraj011
01/07/2012, 08:13 PM
nice acquisition. Those guys were beautiful. Had a female and she got along with all of my other fish, but they weren't housed with any anthia.

LamboBoy
01/07/2012, 09:08 PM
nice acquisition. Those guys were beautiful. Had a female and she got along with all of my other fish, but they weren't housed with any anthia.

Thanks a lot, I've been waiting and waiting because I had to go away for the holiday season so couldn't buy any fish but kept my eye on these guys for a while now and hoped that they didn't get sold.

I know I read somewhere that they do not get along with Anthias, just trying to add fish that are compatible to them.

96gts
01/07/2012, 10:59 PM
I have a pair of watanabei with 5 barletts anthias with no issue in a 185gal, but the female watanabei tend to chase my fairy and flasher wrasses sometime

reefjunkie42
01/08/2012, 12:36 AM
I have had wantabeis, semifactus ,bellus, and molopsoses(sorry for the horrible spelling it's late and a few too many brews) and all got along with anthias. The wantanabei is by far the most difficult in my opinion though, they are skiddish and spastic. That said I have 4 genicanthus in a 200. The 3 like species always chase each other. Still working out the hierarchy I guess? Nice pick up btw! The male should be a real looker, and if in not mistaken weren't they from the red sea? Pretty awesome fish