PDA

View Full Version : Need some help!

Lorenz725
01/09/2012, 06:33 PM
Got home today and my skimmer pump is not working. I took it apart and I can turn the impeller free. When I plug it in it does a half turn then stops. When I try and turn it with it plugged in under water it feels like it wants to start but just wont. I cleaned it up really well anyone have any ideas? The pump is a Laguna (Askoll) Max Flo 1500 about 3 years old.

This is the skimmer I got with the pump. They do not make this skimmer anymore.

http://www.aquacave.com/reef-octopus...mmer-2227.html

tebstan
01/09/2012, 07:07 PM
I had one of those as my mix pump for a while. Check to see if the shaft is broken or cracked, it will stay in pieces inside that impeller. There may be a little rubber stopper thing stuck inside the pump, too. Replacement parts are available. Hagen is really good about that, but after two impellers I went with a different pump. I love Hagen aquarium products, but their pond line isn't as great.

Lorenz725
01/09/2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up! The rubber stopper is stuck down in there. Do you know of a good site for replacement parts with out having to buy the whole impeller? Thanks again.
Charles

tebstan
01/09/2012, 08:15 PM
I don't think you can order parts from their site. You should be able to call their 800 number. The best way, though, is to go to a local LFS that carries Hagen brand products. Ask them to contact their representative, and he or she will order the right part for you and have it sent to the store.

Lorenz725
01/10/2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks I will see what I can do.