PDA

View Full Version : Random sps RTN / STN?

lolgranny
01/10/2012, 06:09 PM
Hey guys,

So the past 3days ive had a small piece of my plum crazy start dying off from the tips down. The frag is about 2", 3-4 branches, encrusted on my rock. Its sitting infront of my mp10 and i think that might be the issue its being pounded with flow. Everything is stable and the rest of the tank is doing very well. Havent added any new corals for about 4months and i qt / dip everything before they enter the tank so i dont think its any sort of "bug" I still went ahead and inspected all corals and i dont see any bite marks / red bugs / eggs of any sort. Does this just happen randomly from time to time? Could it be the flow? Nothing is close to it so its not being stung. I dont have many fish so i dont think anyone is nipping it although my 3 chromis love hanging out around it.

Temp- 77-81
Salinity- 1.025
Alk- 7.8- 8.2
Ca- 440
Mg- 1350
No3- o
Po4- 0.05 (A little higher then i would like, its been a pain keeping it below 0.03)
PH-7.77-7.86

Bare bottom tank, no algae issues. Using rodi with 0TDS 10% water changes weekly. Using reef crystals for salt. Dosing 2part BRS through the day. Heavy wet skimming. Filter sock changed every other day. Feeding formula 1/ 2 or pellets daily and 3x's a week feeding rods frozen food.

Not sure whats up, but i pay alot of attention to the acros and i havent seen a thing. No alk swings or temp swings. Could it be the flow is blasting it and ****ing it off? Although its starting to die on the side opposite of the flow?
Not sure, wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks
Dave

chefzif
01/10/2012, 07:50 PM
I had this issue with a Milli getting pounded by MP40 it was to close I moved the coral and it healed.

lolgranny
01/10/2012, 08:18 PM
I had this issue with a Milli getting pounded by MP40 it was to close I moved the coral and it healed.

Im going to take it off the rock tomorrow afternoon and see what happens within the next few weeks. Its the only thing i can think of. Ive read of it happening randomly to people, so thats in the back of my head too. The mp10 is about 6" away from it on reef crest at 75%. plus the return is near it. Not sure, but it always worries me when something is off :worried: