PDA

View Full Version : Radion ? on brightness peak Natural vs Artificial?

JoeBellz
01/14/2012, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I had a quick question on the Natural vs. Artificial cycle for the Radion. At it's peak under Natural mode does the Radion max completely out 100% brightness and 100% power for each LED? I just wanted to double-check. Is there a way to lengthen that maxed out time in that mode?

I basically wanted to run it at full 100% power and wanted to see if it would be better for me to run it on Artificial so I can lengthen the time it peaks. In comparison to my MH 250w there is little ramp up time and it basically would run at full power for the full duration of my light cycle.

Hopefully I'm making some sense :)

EcoTech Service
01/19/2012, 08:46 AM
Joe,

It is not possible to adjust the full intensity time in Natural Mode, as this is a pre-defined schedule. You can, however, accomplish this in Artificial Mode.

JoeBellz
01/20/2012, 07:46 AM
Joe,

It is not possible to adjust the full intensity time in Natural Mode, as this is a pre-defined schedule. You can, however, accomplish this in Artificial Mode.

Thanks for the reply. If I am looking to basically max my unit out, would I be best customizing Artificial mode and ramping all LED's 100% and brightness 100% at the cycle peak? I was hoping you could give me a comparison of the peak setting of Natural vs Artificial?

At its peak in Natural mode, are all LED's maxed out?

EcoTech Service
01/20/2012, 04:04 PM
In Natural Mode, the light is only running at it's peak for a few hours at max. If you want to run it for a longer period of time, I would recommend running the lights in Artificial Mode.

JoeBellz
01/24/2012, 12:43 PM
In Natural Mode, the light is only running at it's peak for a few hours at max. If you want to run it for a longer period of time, I would recommend running the lights in Artificial Mode.

Thanks, I have a dumb question, in Natural mode I see the peak of the Radion doesn't hit the top of the graph, but in Artificial it seems to peak higher. Does this mean that not all LED's are firing at 100% at the peak of Natural Mode?

I'm just trying to decide if I want to fire all LED's @ 100% under Artificial mode, or if there is more of a chance of creating algae if I peak the Green and Reds?