PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D5100

crlmn11
01/15/2012, 12:20 PM
I am looking at getting a new camera to replace my old Nikon D70S and was hoping to get some opinions on the Nikon D5100 as a replacement? I am just hoping to take the usual, full tank shots and close-up macros. Also I have two old lenses, a Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g and a Nikon Micro Nikor 105mm 1:2.8D. Can I still use these lenses and what other lenses would help me take better macro shots? Thanks and yes I know I should take a class to learn how to take better photos and understand all of the technology.

Misled
01/15/2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks and yes I know I should take a class to learn how to take better photos and understand all of the technology.

This would help more than a new body for the camera. First I don't think the 5100 can auto focus with that lens, (not that that matters that much), but there's nothing wrong with the D70. If you study the stickys above, it would also help a lot. Where do you live? I'm in New Ken if you'd like to get together sometime. I don't shoot my tank because it's a bowfront, but I could meet you at Elmer's or Seahorse or something.

crlmn11
01/16/2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks, I grew up in New Ken and still visit my parents there. I now live in Mars so we can meet anywhere that is convenient. i appreciate your help in taking better pictures as right now my biggest problem is white balance and that is part of the reason I wanted a new camera the D70 is just not good at it

Misled
01/16/2012, 04:58 PM
Shoot in RAW. Adjust your WB with software on your computer afterwards.