PDA

View Full Version : Tang Treadmill?

wrxreefer823
01/16/2012, 02:33 PM
I wanted to know if anybody elses fish has done this in their tank...

So a little bit of funny behavior exhibited by my Powder Brown the past few days. At first I thought something was wrong with him because he was always sticking his nose into the same spot of the rock and just sort of staying there. Upon further examination (and experimentation), he seems to be using the power head as a treadmill... lol. In this video, you can see him just kind of gliding along to the current of it. I turn it off at 20 seconds in and he goes about his business, until at 40 seconds or so, he notices that it's back on again. Believe me, I can keep this game going for quite some time... it's rather funny to see!

http://youtu.be/uhgCUxQSVE8

Reefing Newbie
01/16/2012, 02:36 PM
Tangs are known for doing that, they love current. Tangs are very active so it's a good thing the powder brown is working out and trying to keep healthy. I actually have a clownfish that does that with powerheads, which I find fun to watch. I removed the powerhead and now she seems bored. I may have to add it back to the 46 gallon QT tank she is in lol.

WGardiner
01/16/2012, 02:37 PM
Funny. My foxface I used to have did something similar, it would just swim in front of the powerhead for a minute at a time.

Will

wrxreefer823
01/16/2012, 02:37 PM
Lol... good to know! My clown did that when I had my first tank a good four years ago... My current clown does it as well, but the other powerhead more or less blows it across the tank.

tkeracer619
01/16/2012, 02:39 PM
If I turn my mp60 on full blast every fish in the tank is directly in front of it. Even ones that don't get along so well.