PDA

View Full Version : Red Stripe Angelfish (Centropyge eibli)

Vlado4x4
01/17/2012, 02:12 PM
Does anybody has one of this on a mix reef ? I have a 220g Sistem, with a couple of tangs and sps and lps

Vlado4x4
01/17/2012, 05:56 PM
Any input ? It`s kind of a quick decision, cause someone is taking the tank down, and he has it at a very good price. Can`t ask him, cause he only had softies ...

LedZep fan2
01/17/2012, 06:07 PM
Haven't had any experience with that exact angel but I've had multiple angels with brain corals, softies, SPS, and zoos without any problems. My advice would be to keep him well fed. I noticed as long as you keep them well fed the risk of them nipping will go down a bunch. Sporadic feedings during the day would be a good idea

sandwi54
01/17/2012, 06:20 PM
all dwarf angels have the potential to become destructive in a reef tank (especially LPS). I wouldn't try it, especially when you have a large tank and catching this fish would be a PITA.

There is also no need to rush on the the eibli angel either, as it's a commonly available and inexpensive fish.

Vlado4x4
01/17/2012, 06:35 PM
There is also no need to rush on the the eibli angel either, as it's a commonly available and inexpensive fish.

They are huh ?? Here in Argentina, they go for more than 150U$S and that would be the smaller size. :headwally::headwally::headwally:

Anyway ... this hobby as all hobbys isn`t cheap, and you can only imagine what i have allready invested on a 220g + sump.

Thanks for the input

TigeBell
01/17/2012, 09:33 PM
Mine is nipping at my Pink Birdsnest, Clove Polyps, Green Star Polyp, and Jasmine Polyp.

Caution is advised

capt85
01/18/2012, 12:38 PM
Mine DEMOLISHED an 8" brain in less than 2 days and picked on a pocillipora.

Out of experience I would say no, but no two fish are the same.

sandwi54
01/18/2012, 12:43 PM
They are huh ?? Here in Argentina, they go for more than 150U$S and that would be the smaller size. :headwally::headwally::headwally:

Anyway ... this hobby as all hobbys isn`t cheap, and you can only imagine what i have allready invested on a 220g + sump.

Thanks for the input

I feel you. I probably have over $10,000 into my 225g system, including fish.

$150US for an eibli angel? that's crazy! Here it costs $20-30. Even multicolor angels only costs $80-100 depending on size and collection site.

Toddrtrex
01/19/2012, 12:21 AM
I currently have 5 dwarfs (( actually the 6th one came today )) and one thing I have noticed, they will all nip at corals, but not much damage. However, they all love to EAT fleshy LPS, it seems like crack to them.

Vlado4x4
01/19/2012, 09:54 AM
I feel you. I probably have over $10,000 into my 225g system, including fish.

$150US for an eibli angel? that's crazy! Here it costs $20-30. Even multicolor angels only costs $80-100 depending on size and collection site.

I have allmost doubled that. I have seen Aquilles tang, go for over 800 U$S !!
Itīs incredibly expensive being so far, but what an amazing hobby. I get stress in work jjust to come home and get more stressd when i see something wrong in my tank LOL !!

I currently have 5 dwarfs (( actually the 6th one came today )) and one thing I have noticed, they will all nip at corals, but not much damage. However, they all love to EAT fleshy LPS, it seems like crack to them.

Thank you Todd, good to know.

sandwi54
01/19/2012, 05:25 PM
I have allmost doubled that. I have seen Aquilles tang, go for over 800 U$S !!
Itīs incredibly expensive being so far, but what an amazing hobby. I get stress in work jjust to come home and get more stressd when i see something wrong in my tank LOL !!

This hobby can definitely get stressful at times, when things don't happen the way we want!

I can see you easily spending $5,000US on livestocks if they are all that expensive in Argentina!