PDA

View Full Version : reset apex jr

Dholmblad
01/17/2012, 10:19 PM
Is there anyway to reset to apex jr to factory firmware? I am unable to login using the default credentials. The unit was purchased 'like new' from a local who says the password was not changed. Attempted to used various protocols, however only telnet was the only one successful and that requied a user/pass.

burbarry
01/17/2012, 10:34 PM
have you tried xyz and 1234 with USID of admin? also read below:

I changed my password but it doesn't work.
There are two passwords on the Apex base module. The first and most obvious is the password to access the
unit via the web pages. This comes preset from the factory as userid: admin and password: 1234. You can
change it via the display unit through System – Net Setup. You have to reboot the base module in order for the
changes to take effect. Remember that the ID and password are case sensitive. Also, if you have left a space
after the letters, that becomes part of the ID/password.
Beginning with release 4.05 you can now change your admin userid and password from the Network
Setup web page!
There is also a password you can set on the display itself to prevent tampering by your 3-year old. By default,
this is "xyz" and can be updated via the Setup → Display Ssetup → Display Password screen. To lock the
display, select Control/Status – Display Lock. You will be prompted for the password the next time you want to
use the display.
If you set the display lock and later forget what the password is you can reset it to the default by cycling
the power on the base unit. It will reset to the default „xyz‟ any time you cycle the powe

burbarry
01/17/2012, 10:35 PM
have you tried xyz and 1234 with USID of admin? also read below:

I changed my password but it doesn't work.
There are two passwords on the Apex base module. The first and most obvious is the password to access the
unit via the web pages. This comes preset from the factory as userid: admin and password: 1234. You can
change it via the display unit through System Net Setup. You have to reboot the base module in order for the
changes to take effect. Remember that the ID and password are case sensitive. Also, if you have left a space
after the letters, that becomes part of the ID/password.
Beginning with release 4.05 you can now change your admin userid and password from the Network
Setup web page!
There is also a password you can set on the display itself to prevent tampering by your 3-year old. By default,
this is "xyz" and can be updated via the Setup → Display Ssetup → Display Password screen. To lock the
display, select Control/Status Display Lock. You will be prompted for the password the next time you want to
use the display.
If you set the display lock and later forget what the password is you can reset it to the default by cycling
the power on the base unit. It will reset to the default xyz‟ any time you cycle the powe

Dholmblad
01/17/2012, 10:40 PM
admin with 1234 or xyz do not function with telnet or web interface

RussM
01/17/2012, 10:51 PM
It sounds like the username and/or password was in fact changed. I'm assuming that since it's a Jr, you don't have the optional display module.

If you have a local reefer friend with an Apex or Apex Lite, you can ask to borrow his/her display, plug it into an AquaBus port on the Jr, and then use the menus in the display head to check and change the username and password.

Or, contact Neptune support at [email protected] They can send you a special firmware build to load which will reset the Apex Jr's configuration to factory defaults. You'll then need to load normal firmware on it.

Dholmblad
01/17/2012, 11:11 PM
Are there any other connection protocols this unit accepts that would allow connectivity besides telnet?

RussM
01/17/2012, 11:17 PM
Are there any other connection protocols this unit accepts that would allow connectivity besides telnet?Only telnet and http, both of which use the same credentials.