PDA

View Full Version : You have to try this for cleaning you tank!

Crush Coral
01/18/2012, 12:34 PM
My turkey baster has been retired!!!!!!!!! Just take a hose and put it over the end of a maxi jet and super dueche your tank!!!!!! I cleaned spots I could never get at before. I plugged the 15 sp foot filter cartridge on my cleaning filter that I used to use when I did aquarium maintanence in Dallas. Here are a couple pics.

csmfish
01/18/2012, 06:51 PM
What kind of filter setup do you have again? I tried using a ocean clear and it has too much back pressure for my pumps.

Oh, and there is a dead dog in your living room.

Crush Coral
01/19/2012, 08:29 AM
Mine is an ol PEP canister. I do not think that they are made any more. The Ocean Clear with the paper filter should work great. I use a Little Giant 750 gph pump. I can stir up a 75 gallon tank so that you can not see into it and it will clear the water in about 15 mins. If will gravel vac my sand really good thinking that my sand is clean, but when I do this it is amazing how much detirus is still in the tank that you can not get at. With the hose connected to my Maxi-jet 900 I can even blow out the junk underneath the rock structure. I am hoping that having really cleaned it and then now doing a 50% H2O change today, along with the algafix I am adding to my tank, I can put a dent in the HA that is taking over my tank. If this does not do it I am going to get a sea hare and a bunck of astrea snails.

csmfish
01/20/2012, 08:35 AM
I would think the ocean clear would work but maybe I am using too big a hose and trying to push too much water at one time?

Yreka
01/20/2012, 11:41 AM
Oh, and there is a dead dog in your living room.

Lol

RVANANO
01/20/2012, 11:45 AM
Super douche :lol: