PDA

View Full Version : Do It Yourself Section only Two Pages?

Darth Vedder
01/19/2012, 01:14 AM
This is probably a stupid question, but I was wondering why, at least from my iPad, there are only ever two pages of threads in this section?

The list of forum sections show over 38,000 threads but all but the most recent appear to go MIA to me?

dhickey
01/19/2012, 01:20 AM
Only two pages for me too, it's weird?? Im on a laptop btw

Darth Vedder
01/19/2012, 01:22 AM
It's been that way for a while, but I never thought much about it until I rried to check a thread I had been following that was no longer in the first two pages and since the search function is currently borked, it started driving me nuts that I was doing something wrong or that maybe they get moved to some archive that I am unaware of

Pny
01/19/2012, 03:11 AM
I guess you see the rest of the threads if you change the filter settings in "Display Options" section in bottom of the page...(?)

kcress
01/19/2012, 06:00 AM
I guess you see the rest of the threads if you change the filter settings in "Display Options" section in bottom of the page...(?)

Yep, change that to more than a day or so.

peppie
01/19/2012, 06:13 AM
I only get two pages.
I wish it were twice that. I spend alot of time on this section. It is very hard to find some of the threads I like to follow, but dont subscribe to.

jayinh
01/19/2012, 06:55 AM
ya same here 2 pages... PIA , wanted to look at a thread i was interested in and it must be on page

BeanAnimal
01/19/2012, 07:10 AM
Umm Guys....

All the threads are here. You just change the setting in "DISPLAY OPTIONS" at the bottom of the page to something other than "2 Days". It has always been this way as far as I know.

dhickey
01/19/2012, 10:37 AM
Changing the display setting at the bottom worked, Thanks!!! Weird, I have never had to do that before though....new change maybe?

dhickey
01/19/2012, 10:39 AM
Is there a way to make a longer timeframe my default??? Having to change it everytime the page loads is pretty annoying.

der_wille_zur_macht
01/19/2012, 11:13 AM
There is a setting for the default. Click on "My RC" in the blue buttons on the top right corner of the page. Then, look for "Edit Options" in the menu down the left side of the page.

Scroll near the bottom and look for the option for "Default Thread Age Cut Off." Set it to whatever you want.

Sean the Nailer
01/19/2012, 03:08 PM
DWZM, thank you.

I was starting to think I was nuts. Couldn't for the life of me, find where I'd been. I was sure I was there, ya know? Nobody saw me, couldn't prove a thing. HA!

Anyways, thanks for this little tidbit of improvement, as I'm still getting to know how this place runs, and I don't need to inadvertently create my own maze.

:rollface: :fun4:

rrasco
01/19/2012, 04:11 PM
I think it's like that by default for performance reasons. If it shows all those threads each time the page is loaded it has to have queried them to total them, thus increasing server load.

porksmash
01/19/2012, 04:39 PM
Ahhh 1476 pages, that's more like it. More reading to do.

Darth Vedder
01/19/2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks, I knew I had to be missing the obvious. Now I'll never get to sleep with much more to peruse.

Thanks again all

Ronic
01/19/2012, 06:32 PM
ahh.. thank you dwzm

Darth Vedder
01/19/2012, 10:57 PM
I feel a lot better now I know I wasn't the only one missing the obvious :)

der_wille_zur_macht
01/20/2012, 08:55 AM
I think it's like that by default for performance reasons. If it shows all those threads each time the page is loaded it has to have queried them to total them, thus increasing server load.

This is true. I would suggest people set it to something reasonable considering the performance hit.

Remember, if you do ever have to go looking for old threads, you can change it on the fly or use the search feature - there's really no need to have 6 months of threads queued up every single time you read the forum, for instance.

BeanAnimal
01/20/2012, 10:14 AM
Yeah... I am kinda not getting the "problem".

Subscribe the to threads that you are interested in and you will see them in "MY RC".

If you wish to spends hours just browsing subjects, then scroll down and change the setting.

Otherwise, leave it at (2) days so that the rest of us don't suffer the performance hit every time one of you loads the forum index :)