PDA

View Full Version : 400g inwall tank build

FF Rainwater
01/22/2012, 01:42 PM
I just bought a new house and bought a larger tank as well...i'm upgrading my 150g reef to a 400g tank...i want to put it in the wall at the new house but was wondering if yall have any pointers or tips that i should be aware of?? seems pretty straight forward but wanted to just ask lol

madean
01/22/2012, 02:01 PM
A detailed description of your plan would probably be a better starting point so that people could dis/agree and share their experiences of what worked for them. Also start searching other builds semi similiar to what you want to accomplish. This idea is a big one and a lot of planning will help you in the long run. Things like is the wall you want to view the tank a load bearing wall or not will make a difference on how you tackle this project. Also a list of all you equipement wanted/needed and making sure you have adequate room to store said equipement with adequate ventilation. There is alot of options here so make sure you plan plan plan. Post your plan and ask for feedback and you might have someone chime in and point out things you might have missed. Good luck with your build and post pics along the way.

FF Rainwater
01/22/2012, 02:14 PM
thanks madean, i need to do that for sure im just sitting at work and figured id throw it out there...i'll get back with more details