PDA

View Full Version : Female Watanabei/Bellus/Lamark tank size?

schoi
01/22/2012, 03:57 PM
I love these fish but I am thinking my tank may be too small for any of these angel variants. I know the females of these species are smaller than their male counterparts so I was wondering if anyone had any luck with keeping any of these female angels in a 75 with a minimalist scape design. I have a lot of rock in my sump/fuge.

My other choice would be Flame angels but I know they can be hit/miss in a mixed reef.

Thanks,

btkrausen
01/22/2012, 04:24 PM
I have a female Bellus in my 220 DT and she LOVES to use the whole tank, she loves to swim a lot and is very active. Just offering my own experience.

Kahuna Tuna
01/22/2012, 04:31 PM
I had a pair of Genicanthus in my 180 standard and they used every inch. The watanabei and bellus are among the smaller species in the genus but 75 is still too small IMO. Perfect size tank for a dwarf however.

albano
01/22/2012, 04:39 PM
The watanabei and bellus are among the smaller species in the genus but 75 is still too small IMO. Perfect size tank for a dwarf however.
+1... 75g would be ok for a dwarf

schoi
01/22/2012, 05:44 PM
Good deal that's what I was thinking but I wanted to ask the pros first. Looks like I will go with a Flame and cross my fingers he doesn't gobble gobble my LPS.

Thanks again for the insight.