PDA

View Full Version : Backround question

hinch068
01/24/2012, 12:30 AM
I have a 120 Gallon pre drilled tank already filled. Have back round on the now but it is starting to bubble. Here is the problem tank is only about 2 inches away from the wall so the fixing the current back round is not possible. Would love to paint it but short of emptying the tank to move it cann think of anything esle. Any ideas?

yousmellsfishy
01/24/2012, 09:06 AM
You can paint it with a roller. They make paint rollers designed for painting behind toilet tanks. They have a very small roller and a very long handle.

RDHDDRAGON
01/24/2012, 09:19 AM
I have always used a piece of fabric on the back of all my tanks. You can find it in any color you could ever want. When/ if it gets dirty I just take it off and wash it. Easy to change color if you change your mind.

You can tape it to the tank or get some command hooks and hang it.

* If you tape it, cut a slit in the corner, thread your tape through and then fold it over on itself since the tape won't stay on the fabric alone.

robertifly
01/24/2012, 09:35 AM
If too close for a paint roller you can either use fabric as mentioned also the purchased plastic film backgrounds or a thin sheet of black polyproplene (plastic) if no obstacles. If you can't find black you can get clear lexan at Lowe's and paint it then slide in back. Just some more options, good luck and have fun.

webfinger
01/25/2012, 02:16 AM
I just used a black piece of plexi and slid it behind the tank

coralnut99
01/25/2012, 08:30 AM
I just used a black piece of plexi and slid it behind the tank

May not be the cheapest solution, but certainly the fastest and simplest if it's cut to size and there aren't any obstructions. And you can just slide it out to clean if necessary.