PDA

View Full Version : Conspict angel

Allmost
01/24/2012, 10:06 AM
Hello Conspict angel keepers.

sooo, I love this fish and finally decided to start researching on it ... [had to justify the price first lol ]

sooo, would it be good in my 6x2x2 tank ? how large do they get ?

what temp should I keep him at ? my tank runs around 79-80 now.

if you guys think it would get too big, then what about a pir of banded angels ?

and third choice ... pair of blue lines ...

what do you think ?

geaux xman
01/24/2012, 10:57 AM
theres 4-5 guys i've seen on the board with conspics. heres an old thead about conspics.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1536200

LA shows max 10" on the conspic, i'm guessing most only get 8-9" max in the aquarium. i think 6x2x2 would work fine. 79-80 is much warmer than i like on angels.

bandits are much deeper water fish. i know a few on here that keep theirs around 72-75 degrees.

bluelines are nice too. much more easily obtainable than the conspic and bandit.

i think i remember a guy from cananda posting about a conspic at his LFS.

pinnatus
01/24/2012, 12:24 PM
There is a conspic on sale in DD. A Wrought Iron too.

Allmost
01/24/2012, 12:28 PM
thanks guys,

so seems like I gotta drop the temp to around 77 .... not a problem, I dont think SPS would mind it much.

thanks for the link to the thread !

time to see what is the smallest I can find ... :)

if I dont find a small conspict [4" max] in next 6 months, Im gonna go with a small pair of bandit ... and lower temp even more.

humaguy
01/24/2012, 01:18 PM
going to be very tough to find one that small...pairs of bandits are hard to get too...

Allmost
01/24/2012, 03:38 PM
going to be very tough to find one that small...pairs of bandits are hard to get too...

yap ! contacting all my sources to see who can get the smallest, lol, Im willing to drive to US even ..

we do get bandit small size here once in a while, never in a pair though, so if I give up with conspic then have to TRY to pair up 2 bandits ...

humaguy
01/24/2012, 04:44 PM
yap ! contacting all my sources to see who can get the smallest, lol, Im willing to drive to US even ..

we do get bandit small size here once in a while, never in a pair though, so if I give up with conspic then have to TRY to pair up 2 bandits ...

pia just had a small bandit for $1000...smallest i have seen a while...
i know a great diver/collector in hawaii, not sure about shipping to canada though.. and there are some in here, hopefully they will chime in...